Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Have you seen this rug anywhere? Or one like it?

Sueb20
10 years ago

My master bedroom is a sea of gray. I actually like it, not complaining. In the bed area, I have a large solid charcoal gray rug under the bed. In the nearby sitting area, there is no rug under the (solid lighter gray) love seat. I'm looking for a rug for that area. It's a small space so a 5x8 rug is actually a bit too big, so I'm looking for 4x6 (and I think 3x5 is too small). In the winter, I have pale pink sheets with my gray/white comforter. In summer, I have a quilt that's gray, yellow, green and ivory. I thought it would be great if I could find a rug that happens to have the charcoal gray from the "main" rug plus some pink AND some yellow. A tall order, I know. Until I stumbled on this one (linked below)...but it's only listed in a small size. Gah. And no manufacturer name is given so I can't go searching elsewhere. So I figured I'd check with the decor sleuths here -- have you seen this rug anywhere?? Or...can you think of others that fit my gray/pink/yellow scheme? I know, it's not the most common color scheme...

Here is a link that might be useful: Fun rug

Comments (26)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Dash & Albert:

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Dash & Albert:

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

West Elm:

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love this one, but can't tell if what I think is "gray" might actually be purple...? May have to order a sample.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug

• User
    10 years ago

That rug studio site has some great rugs. Are you looking for a particular room, sueb20?

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

The branches in that rug look brown to me, sueb20.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kswl, as I said, master bedroom sitting area.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Quick google search reveals this rug is designed by "Home designer Iza Pearl sure knows how to throw a wild party! This beautiful hook rug is called Garden Party Rhumba and these red and pink florals sure know how to dance the rhumba in unison. Made of 100% wool and cotton. Dimensions: 34 x 47"

Seems it's the only size they did.
    It looks a lot like the Jennifer Paganelli designs too, which are available from Wayfair, among others. Right now the one that Paganelli has in pink seems to be more brown than grey.

Not much help finding what you're looking for, but at least you know you're not going to find that rug larger.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Tibbrix, didn't mean to ignore your suggestions. The one that appeals to me is the West Elm rug, but it doesn't come in a 4x6, unfortunately.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think I found a winner! Why didn't I think of Anthropologie earlier??

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Or what about this?

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tib, all your pics are coming out blurry on my computer. Can you provide a link for that last one? ... although I think I am in love with the Anthro rug.

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Sue,
    Have a look at shadesoflight.com
    They have some good choices

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Sue, be sure to read the reviews from people who have dogs who bought the rug, if your dogs are allowed in that area...

• colleenoz
    10 years ago

This come in 4 x 6
    http://www.rugstudio.com/dashandalbertnewgypsy56207rosearearug.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: whimsical rug

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Sueb, I know. Sorry about that. I don't know why they won't copy clear.

Here's the link to that last rug.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hartwell Hooked rug

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Some more?

Kind of fun rugs here:

Love this color combo, but not sure if a brown background would work in your room.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Fun!

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Felt balls!

Sunshine felt ball rug.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Felt ball rugs, different shapes and colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Felt ball rugs.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Another. FYI, that site takes a while to load.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh yeah, I like that Dash and Albert rug, too. I saw it on another site and it said it was sold out, so good to know there's another resource!

Brown definitely doesn't work, nor does white. Cream/ivory, yes, maybe, because my drapes are ivory. I actually just popped into Home Goods and found a rug that would work easily -- it's a shag type cream-colored rug with a dark gray diamond print -- but I didn't want to buy it just because it was a "bargain" and I am still thinking I want something with more color.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh jeez, thanks my3dogs for the heads up, I finally went back and read the negative reviews about the Anthro rug basically falling apart. This will be in an area of our room where almost NO one goes (but it can be seen from the door to our room, so I want it to look nice!) -- except to get sheets in the nearby cabinet -- but still, it sounds like these few reviewers also hardly used the rug and yet it was falling apart. :(

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well here's an interesting option. This one would work well with what I have, I think, because it appears that the dark gray in this rug is probably the same as the color of my "main" rug, since they're the same manufacturer. My main rug is shown in the link. It also comes in another colorway that has more blue/teal in it, but at least at this site, it's out of stock.

Here is a link that might be useful: My rug

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay, mission accomplished. I found, and ordered, this one. Peerless had 21% off the supposed marked-down price plus free shipping! It doesn't really, truly have pink in it, but it has enough colors that I don't think my pink sheets are going to cause my decorating OCD to kick in.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Oh, I love it!