Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upholstered box spring?

Posted by deee (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 8:07

I saw this on Pinterest which means it could be a fabulous idea or turn out to be an exercise in futility.

Has anyone tried it? I am tired of rumpled, askew bed skirts but I am afraid that stapled fabric will also be problematic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Upholstered box spring

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upholstered box spring?

I think it is a great idea. I usually just use a fitted sheet on the box spring instead of a skirt, but this looks much classier with heavier fabric and being more tailored. I would not however, staple to the top of the mattress, that would never hold. I would cover the entire top of the mattress, sew or pleat the corners and staple it to the bottom wood frame. You could use a cheaper fabric in the middle of the top (the horizontal part) if your fabric is very expensive Thanks for the inspiration!

o

You can buy box spring covers. I have white bed-bug prevention cases on mine, not to prevent bed bugs on box springs but because I had them and they work!

Garnet Hill has a nice Matellase cover too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linen Box Spring cover - West elm

o

I love this idea!

o

I haven't seen that before. I like it though it looks like you have to build a frame to attach to the box spring and attach the feet to that. I would hate to put a nice fabric on my box spring and have the current ugly frame show.

o

A fitted sheet, actually two twin fitted sheets for my king split-box springs worked well. The sheets were made from the same fabric as my comforter, although a coordinating fabric would be nice as well.

o

O love the idea and think it looks great....would just be concerned that on a queen or king bed, you couldn't wheel the bed if necessary....would be really heavy and hard to move.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here