Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rocky08_gw

Need suggestions for a golden tan paint color

rocky08
14 years ago

I am looking for a golden tan paint color. Pics would be appreciated. Also, it will probably have to come from Lowes or Home Depot due to budget, and I was wondering if they can truly color match SW or BM colors?

Comments (19)

• jerseygirl_1
    14 years ago

BM Sea Spray. It's the primary color in my home. My pictures do not show the color well. My sofa is tweed with goldish tones. The color is a perfect soft goldish tan.

• nhb22
    14 years ago

Oooo...I'd like to see BM SeaSpray. :) I am getting tired of Decatur Buff in my bedroom.

Yes, o answer your question, rocky08, most paint colors can be matched by others pretty well.

• dannie
    14 years ago

I have Pony Tails C15-3 (Thank you Caroline) from Olympic Paints above the chair rail in my kitchen. It is a lovely golden tan colour. Home Depot did a great job matching the colour from the swatch Caroline sent me.

• susanilz5
    14 years ago

I have BM's Desert Tan, it's a beautiful golden tan.

• scanmike
    14 years ago

BM Desert Tan is a beautiful warm color. Many people I know have used it.

• juddgirl2
    14 years ago

SW Whole Wheat or Camelback.

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

HD or Lowes can match any paint! I am currently sampling paints and I have had many samples matched to different paints from both BM and SW. They have them all in their computer so it shouldn't be a problem. Golden Ecru from Pittsburgh Paints and Olympic is a warm golden tan. Pretty!

• pps7
    14 years ago

BM Lenox Tan.

• colorblind1961
    14 years ago

Rocky - Here is a picture of "Caramel." It's an Eddie Bauer from Lowe's. In person, it's a true, warm caramel color - golden tan, but my camera is making it appear much more yellow.

Good Luck!!

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

I used BM wilmington tan (u can have it made at lowes or hd).
    THere are pics on a thread labeled...wall arrangement.

Smiles:)

• megsy
    14 years ago

BM Shelburne Buff is the best IMO.

• elle3
    14 years ago

another vote for Wilmington Tan. It's one of my favorite BM colors. I think Jan in Wisconsin has it in her family room. Maybe you can find it if you do a search.

• jan_in_wisconsin
    14 years ago

Here's a picture of our living room with BM Wilmington Tan:

• rocky08
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow! I am loving the Wilmington Tan. It may be too dark though. What is the next color up? I am not sure how the house will be lit because I haven't closed yet and gotten to see it at different times of the day. It doesn't get a lot of natural light except the LR in the evening. I haven't gotten to the store yet, but I plan on picking up all the colors suggested and checking them out. Thanks!

• elle3
    14 years ago

I had wilmington tan in my LR and foyer in a north facing house a few years ago--sorry, no pics, but it looks exactly as you see in Jan's home. I did not think it was too dark--it's such a rich color. I always buy a quart mixed in the finish I plan to paint and slap it on an entire wall. I find HD matches colors pretty well....
    And you asked about the next color up on the card--but Wilmington Tan is a historical color. The 3 colors they put on the card are related, but not always variations of the same color. Maybe funcolors can chime in here with a better explanation, but going lighter or darker on the same card may not give you the color you want...

• sis2two
    13 years ago

guesthouse by benjamin moore is a good one too. I just painted my kitchen and family room in this color. I chose it because I too wanted a tan with a golden hue to it. Good luck!

• saltnpeppa
    13 years ago

BM Pittsfield or Powell buff are lighter.
    SW whole wheat?
    Smiles:)

• texanjana
    13 years ago

I love my BM Squire Hill Buff. My neighbor used BM Powell Buff, it is one or two shades lighter than mine.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz