Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Granite & Marble & Stone: Oh My!

Baroo2u
10 years ago

Have you done a tile/stone job you're especially happy with? Please take a moment to snap a pic of your counters, backsplashes, floors & walls, be they granite, marble or porcelain!

I've pored over Google images until my eyes are bugging out--but I'd rather see real life photos. I'm facing shoestring kitchen & bathroom renos and am lost in a world of granite vs marble, square vs oblong, small vs large, light vs dark and expensive vs. crazy expensive!

As always, your input is priceless to me--thank you so much : )

Comments (2)

• bestyears
    10 years ago

The Finished Kitchen's Blog has thousands of photos from kitchen remodels -I think you'll find it very helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchens Blog

• badgergal
    10 years ago

My daughter is just finishing up a bathroom remodel and used a porcelain tile that has the look of marble. I have posted these pictures on a couple of other threads but here they are again for your viewing pleasure. The tile is Daltile's Florentine Carrara. It is available in several sizes and in a matte or shiny finish. Here countertop is not in yet so can't show you it installed but you can see a sample of it in the last picture.
    {{gwi:1416090}}

The walls are not as dark as they look in the photo
    {{gwi:1416091}}
    {{!gwi}}

And below is my bathroom. Countertops are granite (Golden Hurricane). Floor and wall tile is Daltile's Salerno NUBI BIANCHE. It is a ceramic tile.