Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickc_gw

HELP with house exterior house colors

rickc
10 years ago

I need help in identifying paint colors that would be close in appearance to colors on the siding of this house shown in link below. (note- this is a link to the Better Homes and Garden website and is the first house shown on an article on their website "Best Exterior Color Schemes" which unfortunately doesn't list colors. ) I am looking for a color which matches siding on main level and also what appears to be a darker color on the triangular area of shingles near the peak of the house. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: bhg article Best Exterior Color Schemes

This post was edited by rickc on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 5:24

Comments (13)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Actually, I think that is all one color...it is just a matter of how the light hits it....we are talking about the house with the lady on the bike in front, yes?

The problem with trying to match that color is the picture only shows the siding in shadow, not in light. So most likely the actual color is much lighter than how it appears in the picture.

But it looks like a neutral taupe shade.

I'd think about something like BM Sag Harbor Gray

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

It might be Sherwin Williams Spalding Gray 6074 (very nice color). I just painted my house in the two shades lighter color combo on the same chit and have had lots of compliments.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 10:30

• rickc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for the responses for suggestions on color of house listed in link. Yes, the color(s) I am looking at are for the 1st house picture in link with people riding bikes in front of house). I want to use two colors on my own house and was thinking of using a darker shade of color on top of the gable ends of my house which have hardieshingles(main body of house is new hardieplank seperated by band board with hardie shingles above the band board on gable ends of house) . Any suggestions for darker color for the hardieshingles on my house for accent to go with the color on the house in the link? If anyone thinks a lighter accent color would look good instead of darker accent for gable ends, please feel free to suggest a lighter color to go with the paint color on the body of the house in the link. Sorry if this sounds complicated. ( Basically, I am looking for a two color combination to use on my house with main color being close to house color in picture and another color that is either darker or lighter than the house color in the picture.) Thanks Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: bhg exterior house color schemes

This post was edited by rickc on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 15:14

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

You should look at houzz.com exteriors...you might get some color scheme ideas there.

Otherwise, you can look at the paints in the ben moore color gallery on line and they can recommend shades that go with the one you select or other complimentary colors.

• rickc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, I have been looking for days online at Houzz and that is where my wife and I became interested in the beige color on the house in the link. Many of the pictures on Houzz don't list colors or do not contain info in the questions for the picture. Getting names of colors to look at and paint samples on our house is helpful.
    thanks for any suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Exterior paint schemes bhg

This post was edited by rickc on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 17:17

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

If that is SW Spalding Gray these are the colors on the same chit. The next color down is Perfect Griege and the next lighter is Versatile Gray (the lighter color on my house) .My house sometimes looks more heavy on the beige in the taupe and other times of day more gray in the taupe.

. This is the two shades lighter color.
    Here is the one shade lighter color.
    Here is the two shades together.

• rickc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for pictures

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

P.S this is still a work in progress so please ignore the funkadilly entry light and faux Neo classical tile from PO. And...the fugly windows.

• rickc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My house is also a work in progress.
    Just ask my wife about remodeling over last 20+ years. thanks again!

• lala girl
    10 years ago

I think this can be a tough color to get - we tried many formulas, some samples went lavender in the morning light but most went green. We ended up going more gold than gray to help keep it warm and help with some of the funky undertones - this is SW Tony Taupe With Shoji White for trim -

href="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/LaurainLincoln/media/P1010045.jpg.html"; target="_blank">

• rickc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for picture and comments about color issues in different light.

Here is a link that might be useful: bhg exterior house color schemes

This post was edited by rickc on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 20:56

• Fritzlang
    9 years ago

The lower course of stucco on my family home has seen better days. Aside from cracks and chips there was some previous ill-considered repairs. I have decided to repair the damage and cover with Thorocoat. I would really love to get some opinions about what color looks best.

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I would start your own thread. The original post in this thread is kind of old so people will probably disregard it.

Generally I think all of these samples may be too "bright" over a large area compared to the brick.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz