Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

Round Top.....

patty_cakes
10 years ago

Any fellow Texans going to the spring Round Top Antique Fair? Many if the vendors arrived as early as March 21, and most will stay until April 6. If the weather co-operates I'll be going this Sunday.

Marburger Farm is there for the last 5 days and it's where the most expensive things are found~ designers 'run amuck' searching for items their clients would like.

Here's the schedule if you're interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: RT

Comments (11)

• lyfia
    10 years ago

I live in the area. I was considering seeing what was there today, but my kiddo isn't cooperating so no go. Doing taxes instead.

This post was edited by lyfia on Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 16:29

• alex9179
    10 years ago

I've wanted to go since we moved to TX in '06. Still waiting :( DH's schedule and kids don't mix, so I can't do anything kind of adult for more than a few hours.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I've always wanted to go. I hear you have to make hotel reservations at least a year ahead of time so I guess I won't be going this year either. I'd love to see what you find though.

• patty_cakes
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lydia, I can understand re: kids. I have 5 , although all are grown adults now and more like very good friends. We're very close and do a lot together. DS will be going with me.

Alex, if you read the above paragraph, I can sooooo relate.

Marti, No reservations for me. I'm on the outskirts of Austin, and Round Top is only about 40 minutes away from where I live. It's a very nice drive thru the countryside to boot! Where are you?

• Oakley
    10 years ago

My best friend is there now!

• patty_cakes
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oak, why didn't you go with her? Is she buying or selling?

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I'm just south of Dallas, too far to make it a day trip. Now there was a time when I would have gotten up at 2 am to be there at 7, but those killer trips are over for me now. lol

• patty_cakes
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The fall show starts Oct1, and will continue thru Sept. 3. The various venues will run for a certain time period, such as Marburger Farms, which is high end stuff and attracts designers and so I've been told, the 'mucho' rich from Dallas.

I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone who might want to go. If you're a risk taker, you can stay with me, I have 3 extra br's, but only 2 will be available since my DD is living with me at the moment. Also have 2 very friendly cats and 1 very friendly dog, in case you have allergies. There's a hotel about a mile away(if that!), if you would be more comfortable.

When I lived in San Diego I had the opportunity to meet several forum members from a decorating site, and one of the gals was on the Christopher Lowell show twice. We did the Rosebowl also. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm game for a 'meet and greet' and a day/ weekend of fun.

Shoot me an email.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Patty, she's a buyer. With lots of money. lol. You should see her home and shop. Mostly french country. She went with another dealer and will be there all week.

The guy who painted my table is also there. I should have hitched a ride with him. :) At least the stuff he brings back won't be far from here!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I wish I could patty, if for no other reason than to meet up with you. But I need to get busy getting this house finished if we are going to sell it.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Patty-I am also in Austin, and have wanted to go to the RT sales for years. I have been to the area many times, just not during the sale. The bluebonnets are so pretty over that way this time of year! I can't make it this spring, but maybe we could plan a fall trip?