Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Pink! SW White Dogwood, no! Stinky's BM Queen Anne, yes!

juddgirl2
13 years ago

I've posted about painting my DD's bedroom walls a pale pink and after searching the internet I had definitely decided on SW White Dogwood. It looked so pretty in the pictures - but not on her walls.

Against her green hutch, it took on a very cool, almost lavendar tone. So, after searching this forum I found Stinkygardeners beautiful BM Queen Anne pink room. From the sample on the wall, this seems like the perfect, ballet pink to complement her hutch and antique white furniture. Yay! I'm so glad stinky posted pictures.

I also found some Ralph Lauren 400 thread count Pumina cotton sheets on sale at Bloomingdales. They had the perfect ballet pink color to use for her duvet cover, white for the ruffled curtains, and a mossy green for pillows.

They were on sale and I got an extra 25% off in the store and another 20% off for opening a store credit card. I think it came out to around $9 for each twin flat sheet.

Now I'm ready to paint and sew!

Comments (4)

• cupofkindness
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry White Dogwood didn't work out for you. I've used it and couldn't be more please with the results. I'm glad you found something that worked better. If you have the formulas, I would love to see the pigments/quantities used in both colors if you would post them here. Thanks!

• Pipdog
    13 years ago

I just saw this AT post on pale pink rooms. That first room is stunning - I'm not sure what color it is painted, but wow. I always connected pink rooms with little girls, but this room makes pale pink look very "adult" and sophisticated.

Here is a link that might be useful: AT - pale pink bedrooms

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Juddgirl2, it's nice to hear that my pics helped you settle on a shade of pink for your DD's room!

The bedding you've selected sounds very pretty, and what a great deal. Teaming up the pink walls with the greens in your mossy pillows and hutch will create a very charming and fun room!

Enjoy your painting and sewing, and please post pics when you get a chance!

• juddgirl2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

cupofkindness - it is a beautiful color and the prettiest pale pink I could find in the SW store. My internet "inspiration" room was done in the White Dogwood but in that room the furniture and floors weren't as warm as the ones in my DD's room.

pipdog - that is a beautiful pink room and not at all babyish. I'm afraid to try and find out what color it is now that I've settled on a color. I'm very indecisive when choosing paint :-D

stinky - I'll be sure to post pictures!