Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fillagirl_gw

Exterior paint colours - where to start?

fillagirl
14 years ago

Hello all, I posted last spring about painting my home but the thread got lost/deleted. Anyway, I really need to get my house painted this summer, the paint is peeling off the trim and looks horrible. I would like to paint the siding, trim, garage doors and front door. The roof has cedar shakes.

I love the grey brick and the warm flecks of tans and browns in it. I was thinking maybe a darker grey or greige on the siding, a black door and ???? for the trim. I really don't like the colour of the trim I have now, it has a pinky undertone. Also, I live in a cold part of Canada, not sure if that figures into the paint colours.

I am at a loss where to start. I was thinking of going to BM and HD and checking out their "combinations" but not sure it would go with with my brick. Also, the houses on my bay are quite light coloured, again not sure that makes a difference but thought I would mention it.

I am grateful for all and any advice given and am open to pretty much anything except painting the brick, I quite like it. If I go with black door, will spraypaint street numbers black as well as get new black lights on each side of garage.

Comments (2)