Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

How's this for a sectional and island seating

badgergal
10 years ago

This is the biggest sectional that I have ever seen. It's in the family room of a home for sale in SE Wisconsin.
{{!gwi}}

They can put lots of ducks in a row at there island too:

{{!gwi}}

And this is one of 13 bathrooms that you would have to keep clean:
{{!gwi}}

If it works here is a link to the property:

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots of room in this house

This post was edited by badgergal on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 10:49

Comments (9)

• User
    10 years ago

You'd have to get it at a fire sale price to remediate the interior design. I hope Pal sees this......talk about DATED. they could probably split up that sectional and use it in every living space in the house. Between the massive spaces, the kitchy art and artifacts displayed, the painting of the solar system which, ironically, is tiny in comparison with the man made cavern of a room, and the word stenciled weirdly in the wall......it would be a challenge.

The house itself isn't bad, although spectacularly out of context for the setting in Wisconsin (lousy with Italianate balusters for one) and the setting is phenomenal. In the past it would have made a very expensive sanatorium for people who have had nervous breakdowns, but in 2014 it's probably better suited for a corporate retreat.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

Interesting choice, covering the ottomans with plexiglass.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Just wow....can you hear the conversations?

" Mr. furnitue salesperson---I need seating for 24 in my family room, with 4 ottomans which must be covered in plexiglass, and I need seating for 12 at my kitchen counter, even thought it is 2' from the table."

"Mr. builder----I want arched niches hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen over the countertop and underneath I want see-thru cabinets....oh and that counter has to seat 12, even though it is 2' from the table."

Is that a grab bar above the tub? If so, it's a little high isn't it?

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

joanie: LOL!

Link to house below. The previous one didn't work for me.

However, who cares about the inside with this outside!

Here is a link that might be useful: direct link to house

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

I can only see the two pictures above, but it looks like the stylistic details were finalized after the floorplan because there is a strange, non-wallpapered non-corniced jog in the wall in the hallway. You could have gotten away with that in a contemporary interior with contemporary details. But this is contemporary covered with Neo-classic-eclectic details. Here it looks like they just ignored it and hoped it would go away.

I like the columns in isolation (they look more Egyptian revival to me than anything else) and I like the overwrought gold fixtures in the master bath. I like a bit of vulgar or tacky when it is done right, and with a certain amount of consistency. The rest of the bathroom is too standard looking to carry those sinks and faucets. Those things need a room with classic proportions and lots of marble, maybe even quartz or malachite.

But I would rather see these sorts of details in a non-contemporary house or a floor-through apartment in Manhattan.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

The link for the initial house by OP only goes to a cell phone ad

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Keep in mind it's Wisconsin, so one only gets to enjoy those lovely lake views for 6 months out of the year, pool for 4 months.

I'll bet they got a good deal, buying all those bar stools in bulk.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

The house was once used as a retreat~
    Thus all the seating and 2 beds in every room.
    Expect a Miracle Foundation ran retreats for single parents,geared more towards women.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I dislike everything about that house architecturally and from a decorating standpoint, EXCEPT the front landscaping, the view of the lake, and the deck with the Adirondack chairs. I'd take those three things with a 1,000 sf cottage!