|In a recent thread (linked below) Ronbre suggested that I whitewash my new laundry alcove. Now that I have a gallon of primer and a gallon of paint sitting in the area, I'm thinking of returning them and going with the whitewash.
Is this something I should buy, like a whitewash stain, or do you recommend diluting white latex paint instead? If the latter, how do you know how much water to add?
I'm finding it easier to choose a new washer than to decide on this wall treatment.
Here is a link that might be useful: previous thread about my laundry area
|Whitewash is not paint. Below is a recipe. There are many variations. Google. |
One thing I remember about whitewash when I was a kid was that it stayed white by sloughing. Something to consider....
Here is a link that might be useful: Whitewash Recipe
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here