Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bold colors with chair rails

Posted by sashasmommy (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 11 at 23:28

Does anyone have any pics of rooms with chair rails painted with bold colors? Okay, that was a misplaced modifier, LOL. I mean the room is painted a bold color, not the chair rail.

I am toying with the idea of painting my computer/craft room eggplant, and it has a chair rail. I was thinking I want the eggplant to be on the top instead of the bottom because I don't want it all covered up by my huge desk, craft table and other furniture.

I found this pic that has the darker paint on the top, looks nice to me. Does anyone have any pics to share?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bold colors with chair rails

Gosh, not to my recollection. I have so many inspiration picture albums and sub albums that I'd have no idea where to look since I have no albums just for chair rails. Funny I have one for about anything else. I may have to start one. I think it's very pretty though.

o

Our master bedroom. The chair rail was already there. At some time in the distant past this was a living room. We took out the door to the front of the house to give us more wall space. Added 2 more windows on the original window wall to brighten the room. I like the idea of the rich colors with the chair rail.

Photobucket

this is our morning room....again lots of light and dark color is the same above and below the rail but I can picture a lighter color...maybe someone can photoshop for you...

Photobucket

Sure hope this helps. c

o
RE2: Bold colors with chair rails

What pretty rooms TrailRunner.

o

Trailrunner....what color is in the last picture? It looks like a lovely eggplant. Please forgive me if you've mentioned it in a previous "eggplant" post and I just don't recognize it.

o

Beautiful rooms, thank you for sharing!

o

Just: Thank you !

tracey: it is the lighting...it is actually Belgian Chocolate ! The paint is BM matte and the color is an Olympic Brand color. If you click on the pic you can see the rest of the room in my photobucket. We have since moved everything into what was the DR and made this room the DR. I haven't ever posted new pics.

sashasmommy: I hope it gave you some ideas. Thank you ! c

o

You're welcome.

o

Here's a section of our livingroom wall (Glidden Belgium Waffle painted all over and then Glidden Cinnamon mixed with Behr glaze over the portion above the chair rail.

Wall section

I'd never have used Glidden had I known it'd take more than a week for the fumes to go away (in nice weather with windows open daily) but in its defense it covered in one coat walls that the P.O. probably hadn't painetd in a decade.

o

My living room (BM Moroccan Red above, BM Vanilla Ice Cream below chair rail):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dining room (BM York Harbor Yellow above, BM Vanilla Ice Cream below):
Photobucket

o

Photobucket

My dining room with Valspar Mulberry Shadow above my ivory wainscoting. The ceiling is a matte gold color, a SW, but I don't know the name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here