Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xc60

Tiffany Blue Paint Suggestions

xc60
10 years ago

I was wondering if anyone with a paint swatch fan could help me find a Tiffany blue paint color, I would like to use it in my master bath and dressing area. perhaps a sort of a lighter version than the Tiffany boxes blue if that makes sense? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

I like the color of the walls in this Houzz picture and the designer just says its a custom color for their client.

Comments (23)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Farrow and Ball Borrowed Light

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Valspar

• hhireno
    10 years ago

My bathroom is Ben Moore Ocean Air 2123-50, which I think is similar to the kitchen pix color.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

I like the Ocean Air or Rainwashed which might have too much green.Any particular brand you wish to use ?

[Traditional Laundry Room[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-laundry-room-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_753~s_2107) by Huntsville Architects & Designers Matheny Goldmon Architects

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I should have clarified in my answer. The color you are showing is not Tiffany Blue, it is much lighter.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

*As you know, the room itself (lighting, etc.), will affect how these paint colors look in your own house. Paint swatches can also look different from wall to wall in the same room, so be sure to test colors in different parts of the room whenever possible.

For our spare room, I wanted a robin's egg blue(-green)/a muted Tiffany Blue/light aqua (same color? same color family yet different? Very confusing!). FWIW, actual Tiffany Boxes and shopping bags are a really saturated color, which would have been a bit much for our small room (the suede and felt Tiffany jewelry bags are an ever-so-slightly softer color). I think this is why I saw a lot of posts and articles online referring to "muted Tiffany Blue" paint/wall colors.

We used BM Antiguan Sky in Aura paint, matte finish. BM Blue Diamond was another contender, but the Blue Diamond paint swatches "blued" out too much on one (or two) walls in the room--it read as more of a straight pale blue, than it did aqua/robin's egg/Tiffany Blue. Again, make sure you test colors on different walls to be sure you like it everywhere in the room.

Here's a pic showing the paint color in our spare room; it's a little washed out in the picture:

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I meant to add. I tried over two dozen shades of blue for our beachhouse. More specifically, they were all aqua and all sort of greyed-out; not what you want but that is how narrow my quest was and I still looked at, IIRC 27 samples (if anyone wants them let me know, I will send you the paint samples)

But, anyway. Looking at photos online can be so misleading. Find something you like in real life. A note card, a scarf, a plate, anything. Take it to a paint dealer. Have him match it. That will be a good starting point. Then try 50% strenght or colors on the same card.

Good luck.

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone for all your help, information, photos and links! You have given me great colors to start with. I'll let you know how I make out. You all are the best! :)

• zen4d
    10 years ago

Maybe this helps:
    Paint Colors from left to right:

Valspar ��" Tropical Mist 5002-7A
    Farrow & Ball ��" Blue Ground 210
    Benjamin Moore ��" Blue Seafoam 2056-60
    Farrow & Ball ��" Matchstick 2013
    Benjamin Moore ��" Ocean Spray 2047-60

• zen4d
    10 years ago

Could it be BM Morning Glory?

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

I have heard a designer refer to Dutch Tile Blue from Sherwin Williams code 0032 as a Tiffany blue. It is a blue with slight green undertones. I don't know how much it looks like your Houzz picture though.

Carol

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

The kitchen looks a lot like BM's Breath of fresh air

• WendyB 5A/MA
    10 years ago

How about BM Harbor Fog

• zen4d
    10 years ago

It is Breath of Fresh Air.

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks again very much, it's so wonderful to have your help. The paint colors you have been so kind to provide all look really good. :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Aside to zen4d: in your post above, how did you get all those paint colors side by side?

• zen4d
    10 years ago

Annie: I found that image on StyleatHome Blog and attached it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Style at Home blog

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Thanks...I was hoping there was a program behind it where you could select the colors and put them together. One thing that's frustrating about the paint websites is they don't let you compare or contrast colors....

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I believe it was funcolors who told me and rightly so, when I was looking for a blue that was almost white without any green in it, to start looking at grey, not blue, and gradually slip into blue to find what I wanted. I did.

I can tell that any of the colors above, aside from the original kitchen picture, on a wall with little natural light, will be so blue you will be overwhelmed and you will want to cut it by at least 50% if you are wanting the color first depicted in the kitchen picture. Blue saturates and intensifies on the wall. It will look much, much deeper and darker.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

On tibbrix color gallery, I choose "white lie," which is just to the left of polar cap.

• zen4d
    10 years ago

Annie: To compare images, I drag the color sample from the paint website to the desktop. Then, using Preview, I copy the image to a new page. I then open the sample color and compare it to either other colors I've done the same thing to or, in this case, the image I wish to match - dragging the two pictures almost on top of each other. If you do that with Breath of Fresh Air and the inspiration pic posted by xc60, you can see that it's an exact match. You're so talented you found the right color easily, but it's a great way to compare things on the screen. I imagine you can also create the same image you initially asked about by using Preview.
    (Sorry, xc60, for hijacking momentarily)

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No problem at all Zen, your post was very helpful to me as well. Thanks again :)