Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollfanz_gw

Before & After Bedroom REALLY Pic Heavy

dollfanz
13 years ago

My good friend and neighbor allowed me to redecorate her bedroom. She was very trusting in my taste and vision and happy to say she is very pleased with it.

I am not a professional decorator by any stretch so be gentle.

It took three weeks and a lot of internet shopping.

The paint is a light gray from Behr called Manhattan Mist.

The light fixture and Zebra rug are from Overstock.com.

The bed is a Bernhardt Cooper queen bed on clearance from US Mattress. Free shipping and no sales tax.

And last but best of all. My mother did the fashion sketches for her that are above her bed. She has 2 little yorkies and so she added that as a surprise on the middle picture.

We couldn't find just the right chest for the TV so we found this one and I refinished it in silver paint and I trimmed it in black and blinged it. I also blinged her pillow shams. So she has lots of glam.

The curtains are from Tuesday Morning but they are not staying. We have other ideas.

So here are the before and afters.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (45)

• sis2two
    13 years ago

What an incredible transformation! It looks so good! Looks like a completely different room entirely. Great job.

• chinchette
    13 years ago

Well done!! I love the chest that you blinged. Love the zebra rug. The windows look a million percent better. What a great job. There is only one tiny, tiny thing to mention: you could hide that wire from the lamp by taping it to the underside or back of the furniture that it is on. Maybe you already did.

I'm quite impressed!

• arcy_gw
    13 years ago

WOW! You nailed it. Hollywood regency glam, comes to my mind. What an incredible difference!! You should be proud of your work, it really looks pulled together. Great job!

• sashasmommy
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!! I love the light fixture and your mother's sketches are amazing!

• dollfanz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone. I agree about the cord. We are actually looking for just the right thing to put under that table.
    It still has a few touches left. If she will ever let me back in there again. LOL. I spent so much time in there I'm sure she's glad I'm gone.

• yayagal
    13 years ago

You did a fantastic job!!!!! She's lucky to have you for a friend and your Mom deserves great praise for her well executed drawings. Bravo!!!!

• kjmama
    13 years ago

Ooo La La

• les917
    13 years ago

Very nicely done! Your mom's sketches add just the right touch. I am sure your friend must be thrilled!

For the cord, wind it up as short as you can and still reach the plug, fasten it with a cable tie, and tape it to the back of the table with a little duct tape, or some Command adhesive velcro fasteners.

• greenthumbfish
    13 years ago

I'm not terribly crazy about this style, but this is divine! Best situ of a black flat screen I've seen in a long time (excluding those similar to LynninNM's, of course ;-) The sketches are fabulous and, well, you had me at the rug, the bench and the linens textures pic. Wow!

• User
    13 years ago

WOW ! Makes the mirrored closet doors look perfect in the room. You are an amazing decorator and have a wonderful eye. And your Mom has TALENT. I hope she lets you back in as to finish the wt's. Please do post when it is all done.

I sure would let you do the rest of my home if I were her. And photos of before and after and you have a new career portfolio ! c

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Wow that is one awesome transformation. You may not be a professional, but you did a professional looking job. I can tell the talent runs in your family. Your Mom's sketches are amazing too. Bravo to you both. You're quite a team.

• CaroleOH
    13 years ago

You did a wonderful job. It looks beautiful. I especially love the bed and the pictures your Mom drew!

I have to say though, I'm quite intrigued with the dog stucked under the pink afghan. Is that a real dog or stuffed friend of one of the yorkies? :-)

• dollfanz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL. That is a stuffed friend of one of the yorkies. They sleep with them at night. They're quite a pair. They ride on her vacuum cleaner and chase her broom when she's cleaning.

That being said, thank you everyone for all your nice comments. I know it's not everyones taste but it works here. We live in a mid-rise on the gulf in Florida and it's just the right style for this place.
    She needed a girly girl room. Now if I can just get her to move out of the guest room and move into it. She doesn't want to move in there and mess it up.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Yowza!!!!!!! Great job!

• mom2sethc
    13 years ago

I love it!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!

• sinshil
    13 years ago

Wow, so many things that I love in this transformation. Could you tell me where you got the bedding from? its beautiful.

• rjinga
    13 years ago

AWESOME transformation, well done indeed. I think you may have a new career path to follow!! I LOVE that rug, heading to OS now to see if there are others. Everything just looks fab-U-lus!!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Love it!

I may have to seriously consider that paint color for our MBR walls.

• dollfanz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The bedding is from TJ Maxx. And here is a link to the rug. It was a great price for 100% New Zealand wool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zebra Rug

• nicole__
    13 years ago

Good job! Congratulations on making it look FANTASTIC!

I know the owner may not need two nighstands...but....Target has mirrored ones that would fit on either side of the bed.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Mirrored table...$89.99

• teacats
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Fantastic transformation!

A very professional job!

Very well done indeed! :)

• grullablue
    13 years ago

Wow! Like someone said...very "Hollywood-ish" indeed!

• chris11895
    13 years ago

WOW - what a transformation!!! Congratulations :-)

• fluffybutt
    13 years ago

You did a terrific job! Maybe you should be a professional.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

WHOA!

• jockewing
    13 years ago

Could you tell me where the bed itself came from? It looks just like the Bernhardt Cooper bed I just ordered myself.

• dollfanz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is the Bernhardt Cooper Upholstered bed with nailhead trim.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

You do have an eye! What I like is the simplicity of the bedding and matching pillows.

You need to come and do my bedroom. lol

• kristinekr
    13 years ago

love it! I love the zebra rug and the sketches the best!

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

I adore it! please come do my room!

• dilettante_gw
    13 years ago

Spectacular! And you did all that in three weeks? Maybe's it's time to quit your day job.

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

What a wonderful transformation! She must be thrilled with her new room!

I love to see some before pics of the chest you blinged for the TV.

• noellabelle
    13 years ago

tons of love! That is one gorgeous room!!!

• pjtexgirl
    13 years ago

Your friend really needed the help with decor. She has good taste in friends tho :)

I'm amazed at the total change in color scheme and style. That was a brave leap. The room looks much more welcoming,uplifting and exciting. The old room was depressing and worn. I hope this new look makes your friend happy for a long time :).

• regina_phalange
    13 years ago

Wow, what a transformation!!! It looks fabulous -- I love all of the bling! You did an awesome job!

• elle3
    13 years ago

You're HIRED!!!! I love it!

• dollfanz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. I should note, this is my friends winter home. She has 2 homes in Canada so this one has never been much of a priority to her as far as decorating.
    Her other 2 homes are stunning and this one is just catching up.

• rilie
    13 years ago

I echo what everyone has said - what an amazing transformation! You did a fantastic job. I especially love the light fixture... it's stunning!

• catkin
    13 years ago

What fun! You did an incredible job!

Will you share the specifics?

• loribee
    13 years ago

Hollywood regency glam, indeed! Amazing job and I love your mom's sketches!

• susanka
    13 years ago

Wow, what a transformation. Can I move to your neighborhood? I wish I had your eye and your ability. Congratulations!

• nhb22
    13 years ago

Oh WOW!!! Too fancy for my taste, but would love to be a guest in that bedroom. :)

Well done. You should go into the business.

• nostalgicfarm
    13 years ago

You did an awesome job! Great work, I bet you had a lot of fun.
    I LOVE the curtains, but you must have something really special planned to replace them!

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

What do you mean your not a decorator, sure you are.

Good job!

• threedgrad
    13 years ago

Absolutely Fabulous!! One thing I would add or change - a square black leather or velvet pillow for the bed instead of or in addition to that blue pillow. You need a touch of black on that bed to bring up that zebra rug.