Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_mocha

Has anyone used BM Mascarpone?

lisa_mocha
14 years ago

Hi All~

I'm considering using Benjamin Moore Mascarpone (for walls, not trim) It's from BM's Affinity colour collection. This colour looks like it could be crisp/fresh, without being a stark white.

I'm wondering if anyone has used Mascarpone and if so, what do you think of it?

I'm so confused now with too many testers on the go!

I like the Mascaropone but wonder if it appears really yellow once it goes on all walls? (realizing that undertones with whites/off-whites will vary so much with lighting in the home)

Thanks!

Lisa

Comments (28)

• beadweaver
    14 years ago

Hi, I have mascarpone on the trim in my great room with BM Saybrook sage on the walls. I have it on the walls and trim in the joining kitchen, laundry room and bathroom. I love it, it's a beautiful white on the wall.

• wi-sailorgirl
    14 years ago

Gosh, Lisa ... thank you for asking this because I could have written it myself (although I'm thinking for trim, not walls). I'm going loony tunes with all the whites and obsessing about it. I even took BM paint strips on vacation with me so I could look at them in different lights during the day. Oh, and by the way, I'm no closer to deciding than I was before I left. I think I have it narrowed down to cloud white, mascarpone or bavarian cream so I'll do another round of testing this weekend. My head is spinning.

Beadweaver, do you have any pictures you could post?

• lisa_mocha
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've tested mascarpone on foam board...it does seem like a lovely creamy white.

My DH thinks I'm obesessed with getting this white right (I am:)), but I'll have to show him that I'm not taking my chips on vacation with us!(Not yet anyways!)
    LOL-that's too funny sailorgirl!

I've used Cloud White in last home on trim and was very happy with it. (My kitchen chairs also sprayed in Cloud White)

IN this home, I wanted a slightly whiter-white and we went with Snowfall. It's a clean white-no gray or green undertones. (on same strip as Simply White which I've heard good things about too)

DH doesn't understand, but white is the most difficult 'colour' to get right!

• wi-sailorgirl
    14 years ago

I think our DH's should talk, Lisa. I am absolutely obsessed. I have samples of Cloud White and Mascarpone all over the house ... on the inside of cabinets, tucked in corners on trim, painted on scrap pieces of drywall. I hate having these things hanging out there. Bavarian Cream is definitely out at least (too yellow). Right now I feel like halfway between Mascarpone and Cloud White would be perfect but I don't really want to get into custom colors because long term that is a huge pain.

• amberley
    14 years ago

I have Mascarpone on my trim. I LOVE this color, and I obsessed for 2-3 months before choosing a color. It is a perfect creamy white without looking yellowy. It works well with "cleaner" whites too, if you use it on walls and choose a brighter, truer white for the trim. I remember thinking when I initially started painting that they named the color well, because it looked so good I wanted to eat it, just like real mascarpone cheese.

• loreebee
    14 years ago

I painted my large and bright bedroom with BM Mascapone and love the color. It seems to reflect (not sure if that is the right word) the tone of my drapes though, and the drapes are blue-teal. So if you are painting that color, just be aware that. I have an accent wall of Eurstucean(?) it is an orangy brown and this looks great. Just in the midst of redecorating and plan on changing out the drapery anyway (to gold toned)

• southern_vesta
    14 years ago

I have Mascarpone on all the wood work and the walls below the chair rail in my DR. The room has 2 windows facing east & a bay window facing north. I wanted a "white" that would not throw a cool cast with BM Sanctuary also in the Affinity collection.
    In my room the Mascarpone is soft yet alive. It has a slight yellow cast, think Mascarpone or Ricotta Cheese, but does not read yellow.

I also have Cloud White on the trim & doors in the Master Bath, I think of that as a soft white & it really does remind me of puffy white clouds on a sunny day. (Used the Cloud White with C2 Shaker).

Hope this helps.

• bwhite_starnet_com
    13 years ago

We painted our master bath in Mascarpone. Ceiling is white as is trim. The color is beautiful and warm. There is no hint of yellow in it at all. Bath receives natural light from a window and has 6 recessed lights. The color doesn't change, notwithstanding the light source. Benjamin Moore makes the best paints and this is a great color. We are in the midst of a kitchen renovation project and we will likely paint the kitchen/breakfast area in Mascarpone too. Goes great with white cabinets.

• amck2
    7 years ago

I've just had a peek at my DD's newly remodeled kitchen. They chose Marscapone for the walls in the kitchen and the adjoining dining area. It was the right white for her space - warm but not yellowy. Plays nicely with the warmth of brass tones and cooler gray hues.

It's great choice for a white, IMHO, but be sure to check swatches in your lighting.

• lexiedog3
    4 years ago

I have Marscapone on my kitchen cabinets and absolutely love it.

• goodiesforus
    3 years ago

How does Mascarpone compare to BM White Dove and Swiss Coffee -the other warm creamy white paints by BM?

• HU-11430583
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

What trim color are people using with mascarpone? Please share!! :)

We are re-doing all the trim and interior doors of our house (they are all various shades of clashing cream, off-white, bright white, greige, etc), and then mascarpone on our open-plan downstairs and stairway.

We are considering Simply White for the trim and doors, but aren’t sure if we like the way it looks with mascarpone in dimmer lighting (simply white reads a little cold).

My husband doesn’t like mascarpone for the doors and trim, and we have 2 bedrooms painted Ultra Pure White, so it’s definitely too rich and warm to use for that.

It’s So hard that what works in one room/lighting doesn’t work everywhere... We want to just pick a wall color and then pick a trim/door color and not go room by room with 12 shades of white...

thanks in advance for any advice!! :)

• lexiedog3
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I used Marscapone as the kitchen cabinet color in my former house and loved it. I used a whiter but not bright white trim. I am getting cabinets as close to marscapone as I can in my new house that is under construction. Marscapone is a creamy white but not yellow. Soft and so pretty.

There was lots of natural light in my kitchen.

• HU-11430583
    3 years ago

Thank you!😀 We have mascarpone in our family room and ❤️love❤️ it so much! Just trying to find a unifying trim and door color that doesn’t look fluorescent or too cold next to it, but also reads as a real white in other parts of the house . What trim did you use?

• susanparker
    3 years ago

Try White Down if you want a darker trim or White Dove for a lighter trim to go with Mascarpone.

• HU-11430583
    3 years ago

Thank you!!

• Mara100
    3 years ago

I put mascarpone on my living room walls and I really regret it. Way too yellow.

• barbie08075
    3 years ago

I have mascarpone on my family room walls and my bedroom. Both rooms receive the south sun exposure and in the summer months the room take on a golden glow. I have used simply white for the trim.

• ukessea
    3 years ago

A while ago we painted our trim and doors mascarpone a d we have loved it. Our wall paint was northern cliffs (this was 7 years ago before the white craze). I expected it to look slightly off white but against the gray it was just a beautiful shade of white. Now I am going to repaint the walls but want to leave the trim mascarpone. My choice is to make it all the same or put a different shade of white on the walls (lighter) and have the trim be a contrast. If anyone has done a white on white with mascarpone, can you send a picture or point me to one you have found? Thanks!!

• susanparker
    3 years ago

Your walls and your trim can both be mascarpone if you use different finishes for subtle contrast. Perhaps satin on the trim and eggshell on the walls.

• cat_mom
    3 years ago

In our FR, we used BM Aura Matte in Mascarpone on the walls, and the Aura Satin finish on the base molding.

• Becky H
    3 years ago

I know this is an older post originally, but we have BM Mascarpone for our doors and trim. It's beautiful; not yellow-ish, but certainly warmer. We plan to paint our cabinets the same color, and our only issue is finding a quartz countertop that goes well with the Mascarpone cabinets. Any ideas would be appreciated.

• aprall
    2 years ago

@ukessea I wanted to see if you found any white paint that worked with the marscapone cabinets. It’s been driving me crazy. Right now, I’m conceding to classic gray. It’s a bit dark for what I want in the space but I can’t seem to find any whites or light grays that work

• Becky H
    2 years ago

Hi,

Well, this has been journey for us. The BM Mascarpone was looking slightly yellow next to the quartz we liked. And then the quartz began to look somewhat lavender-ish against the Mascarpone. So of course that led to thinking we needed a warmer countertop. I finally got fed up and took my quartz and paint samples to my local Guiry's. We had used a color consultant there before, and we took our chances in the hopes she'd still be there--and she was. We already have Nimbus on the kitchen walls, with the Mascarpone trim for the baseboards and doors throughout the house. The gal at Guiry's suggested we keep the quartz we like, but go with BM Simply White for the cabinets. I was worried about a new color clashing with Mascarpone, but she assured me they will not only be far enough away from each other, but will complement one another. We took home a large board and painted it with Simply White, just to get a feel for how it will all tie in--and I do believe it will work. Simply White is still warm, but does not appear to have yellow under-tones. I'm still nervous about it all--and we're just in the beginning stages of this entire project, but I am not pulling my hair out any more...at least not yet...haha! Best of luck to you in your project.

• Becky H
    2 years ago

By the way, Mascarpone does not look yellow anywhere in our house. It looks like a beautiful white that is not too stark, in my opinion. It only gave off a bit of yellow when placed next to our countertop choice. It still could have worked to stick with Mascarpone for the cabinets, but I think Simply White may work better for us with the chosen quartz. I hope that helps.

• jillkinney00
    2 years ago

I use Marscapone for our trim and kitchen cabinet colors and it is great. Not too white and not yellow.

• nilarose
    5 months ago

entire house and trim in Mascarpone. Love it...but I do have a ton of natural light in my space.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio