Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pottery Barn Manhattan Recliner or CopyCat?

Posted by redbazel (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 22:34

My DH never goes to stores but this weekend found him waiting for me in Pottery Barn and he sat in the PB Manhattan recliner. Now, we need a couple of matching chairs for our new house *(not built yet...) and I had considered leather, but the PB is $2000! Plus, I would need to find something to go with that would not be that much money...

So, has anyone bought this recliner and consider it a real find? Any similar sized recliners out there that you like? Someone online recommended a Marbella recliner from Overstock but I know nothing of them, and have never ordered from them. Ideas?

Red

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pottery Barn Manhattan Recliner or CopyCat?

An acquaintance purchased the PB recliner when a dsigner was liquidating pieces she used in showcase homes for a development. I don't know the exact price, but it was nowhre near retail and the chair has taken a lot of abuse. It still looks and feels really good. The purchase was seven years ago. Whether today's quality is equal I do not know. Many recliners are available for $2,000, so I would really shop this exhaustively. Many are only top grain leather, which really bothers me.

o

Well, I don't have the PB recliner but the chair and sofa, which were originally cognac color. They are now several years old and have discolored into a fairly greenish/yellowish color. As a matter of fact, last night, I went at them with dark brown shoe polish. So far, so good. Haven't tried sitting on them in a white dress yet.
I saw and sat in a very comfy leather recliner at COSTCO, which looked like a similar style as the PB Manhattan. However, I can't find it on their web site. Still, their quality is usually very good, and if you don't like it, you can always return it. Maybe the Cleburn or whatever you find in their warehouse.

Here is a link that might be useful: COSTCO recliners

o

Found this one on the Copycat site.

Here is a link that might be useful: copycat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here