Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dorothy9_gw

Help finding fabric

dorothy9_gw
10 years ago

I found the perfect fabric at Hancock's but found only one piece in their remnant section. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to identify this fabric so I can find more. Thanks!

Comments (14)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Is there any printing in the selvedge edge that would give you a clue as to manufacturer?

• bbstx
    10 years ago

FWIW, I ran through all of the blue and green geometrics on the Joann's website and didn't find it.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Dorothy, Did you ask while you were at Hancock's if they could tell you who made it and what it is called? Since they carried it, I would hope they could help you.

I've never been to a Hancock Fabric, as we don't have them around here, but I'd try them. Good luck!

• dorothy9_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We asked at Hancock's and they were not helpful. Color in my IPad picture is not true, background color is a grayblue and design is embroidered. Was desperately hoping someone could identify it as it is perfect with everything in my dining room.
    Dorothy

• Olychick
    10 years ago

could it be this? I haven't found that color yet, just these:

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert Allen Banjo

• dorothy9_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

olyschick, the configuration looks similar but this is drapery fabric I am sure. At least we hung the length we bought on drapery rings and it hung like drapery. Maybe someone can find it out of all the talented people here. Thank you for looking.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Darn those people at Hancock! I've been looking off and on using the image, and don't find anything. I also looked under 'Lattice embroidered fabric' and diamond embroidered fabric', and still find nothing in that exact look.

Try attaching your photo to an email and sending it to these folks in MA. I think you need to get it out to people who work with lots of fabrics every day, as they may recognize it in a flash.

If there are large fabric stores near you, see if you can send the pic to them also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Osgood's

• beausrose
    10 years ago

I saw this fabric this morning looking for something else. This might give you another clue for your search. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible Fabric

• bbstx
    10 years ago

Is this it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pindler & Pindler Clarissa

• dorothy9_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

bbstx, this is the closest we have seen but it doesn't come in the right color. The piece we have could have been irregular as it has loose threads coming from the design. Hancock's buy remnants in large boxes so who knows what they may have in a shipment. We looked at their sample swatches and didn't find the same thing offered there. I was just hoping someone here would recognize it or be able to find it. You all are the best!

• corgimum
    10 years ago

Have you ordered a sample of the Clarissa Seaglass and/or Pewter? Many times the internet photo is way off the actual color. To me it looks too similar to ignore.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clarissa

• sallymo2015
    10 years ago

Dorothy,
    bbstx has the right fabric just wrong colorway. I have seen it from several vendors (the middlemen, so to speak), in different colors. If you take the picture to a shop in your area that sells fabric I'll bet they will find it. Not all companies carry the same colors, but it's not an uncommon fabric.

• dorothy9_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sally thanks for the heads up. I tried to email you but just keep being taken to log in, which I have done at least two times.

Dorothy

• dorothy9_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank all of you who responded to my plea for help in finding a fabric, especially bbstx who found it. Would never have succeeded on my own. DD found several sources and now have to see if I can find the right color wave.
    You are wonderful .
    Dorothy

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations