Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is a nice soft color that goes with gold/yellow?

Posted by mollie (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 22:05

My kitchen/dining room will be painted BM Dijon but the hallway to my master bedroom/bath can be seen from the back kitchen area and the hallway connects to the kitchen. I don't want to paint my bedroom BM Dijon but a soft calming color that will look good with BM Dijon. Is there a nice soft green, blue, apricot or other color besides a cream that I can paint my bedroom/bath that would look great with the BM Dijon which is a yellow/gold.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is a nice soft color that goes with gold/yellow?

How about BM Philadelphia Cream that reads yellow/gold on my walls in my spare bedroom.

o

How about something like a Silver Sage or soft, light turquoise?

What's going on in your room?

o

You did mention an apricot. That would be really pretty too -- warm, inviting, and soothing as well. I'm wondering if you like the feel of the warm, goldens around you and would just like to see a gradual color shift -- still on the warm side -- as you look down the hallway. Or, something totally different with a blue or green.

Something to think about : )

o

I am completely paint challenged and can't go back to the paint store without some idea. Do you have any recommendations for a specific color in silver sage or soft apricot? I usually go to the BM store.

o

bump

o

I think BM Gray Wisp (am I right?) is the same as the RH Silver Sage that everyone raves about. Sorry I am not familiar with BM Dijon, but BM Soft Fern is a nice soft green...I have no idea how it would look with Dijon.

o

Your BM man should also know a soft apricot, and be able to show you colors that would work well with it with what you have in mind. Also, what the most popular selections are.

Do test them in your own setting though, as they will vary from room to room.

o

Yes, Gray Wisp is the same as Silver Sage. Apricot sounds lovely too.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here