Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Carrington Court or Arhaus?

hilltop_gw
10 years ago

I'm looking at parsons type chairs online and have narrowed it down to two. I'm keeping my existing table.
Carrington Court ($309) Not the color shown, but rather Chinese red or Sherwin Brown.carrington court camel back

or Arhaus ($199) color as shown
arhaus capri side chair
It's hard buying chairs online without being able to sit in them. Can anyone comment on the quality or the sit or feel of these chairs? Hubby is 6'3" so need something sturdy.
I've read really good comments on this site about Carrington Cour and some concerns about Arhaus customer service - not sure if it's worth the extra $110 per chair tho.

Comments (16)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

We recently ordered a CC chair. We sent them fabric. This is a chair we will use occasionally with a desk. They did a nice job, it's comfortable enough for our purposes and as a spare chair.

• deeinohio
    10 years ago

I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples for your extra $100. Carrington indicates their chair is leather; Arhaus is Eco-leather fabric which, a google search informed me, is made up of 20% leather.

I can't speak to Arhaus quality or value, but I own 2 Carrington Parsons chairs and they are one of the best furniture values I've ever made. Very comfortable, if a bit narrow.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

I would happily do an infomercial on my CC counter height barstools! They are incredibly comfortable. We too sent our own fabric. We also specified custom leg color. These are the perfect height for a 36" high island.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Sorry to highjack this, but:

Oldbat, what are the paint colors (both the gold and blue gray)?

• allison0704
    10 years ago

I just sold 4 CC chairs on local FB trading page - over 30 people were interested. They are extremely well made and comfortable.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

hilltop...I got the fabric at a large, local discount fabric warehouse so have no information on it. ...i love polka dots.

Bat2....thanks to nosoccer I just realized we have the same colors....my kitchen is gold and my LR and DR are gray.

Nosoccer....if you're interested...my kitchen is BM Bridgewater Tan @75%....similar to Sandy Brown. My LR is London Fog, DR is on same chip but a bit darker-- Plymouth Rock.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

nosoccermom - the yellow is long gone and I'm not sure what it was (could go check the paint can graveyard in the basement if you would like!), but we have the blue throughout the downstairs. It's BM Aura Vancouver Day.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Thanks hilltop! Be sure to post an update when you get the chairs.

Joaniepoanie - please post a picture, would like to see your colors. (Another hijack, sorry!)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Bat....here you go

• glad2b
    10 years ago

oldbat - do you have a German German Shepherd? Your dog is gorgeous!

Sorry - so off topic!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

joaniepoanie - very similar colors, we even have the same golden oak floor:) Thanks for posting!

Glad2be - big smile, thanks! He's a long haired full blooded GS. (Apologies again to hilltop)

• ginny20
    8 years ago

hilltop, if you're still here, did you get the leather Carrington Court chairs? If so, how is the leather holding up? Are they comfortable? I'm considering getting leather CC dining chairs. Thanks!

• Georgia Stephens
    6 years ago

has anyone ordered the wing chairs? I am into 80% comfort and 20% appearance. The comfort for me is based mostly on the feel of the fabric and combined soft-plus- cushie-frimness of the cushion. I am also 5 feet tall and hate when my feet do not reach the floor. Do you recommend their wing chairs based on this criteria?

• jaybirdtx
    6 years ago

When this post was begun, I had the wing chairs. They were very comfortable, but a bit small for the additional grandsons, nephews and stepsons! They were sold on Craigslist and we now have more heavy duty...WIDER chairs :^) I loved the wingchairs and they held up well for the 15 years prior to being sold!

• louise27613
    6 years ago
    a no on Arhaus....i have two modified Parsons chairs from Arhaus .. mine have wings and tested on the attached back. i really like the designers there there but the comfort of the seating is mediocre and there's already a little sagging of the leather.
Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia