Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrington Court or Arhaus?

Posted by hilltop (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 21:13

I'm looking at parsons type chairs online and have narrowed it down to two. I'm keeping my existing table.
Carrington Court ($309) Not the color shown, but rather Chinese red or Sherwin Brown.carrington court camel back

or Arhaus ($199) color as shown
arhaus capri side chair
It's hard buying chairs online without being able to sit in them. Can anyone comment on the quality or the sit or feel of these chairs? Hubby is 6'3" so need something sturdy.
I've read really good comments on this site about Carrington Cour and some concerns about Arhaus customer service - not sure if it's worth the extra $110 per chair tho.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrington Court or Arhaus?

We recently ordered a CC chair. We sent them fabric. This is a chair we will use occasionally with a desk. They did a nice job, it's comfortable enough for our purposes and as a spare chair.

photo 6FA78DB9-C733-41CF-816F-4C0D0B813E0E-1451-000007644F7416DF_zps4cee9254.jpg

o

I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples for your extra $100. Carrington indicates their chair is leather; Arhaus is Eco-leather fabric which, a google search informed me, is made up of 20% leather.

I can't speak to Arhaus quality or value, but I own 2 Carrington Parsons chairs and they are one of the best furniture values I've ever made. Very comfortable, if a bit narrow.

o

I would happily do an infomercial on my CC counter height barstools! They are incredibly comfortable. We too sent our own fabric. We also specified custom leg color. These are the perfect height for a 36" high island.

o

Sorry to highjack this, but:

Oldbat, what are the paint colors (both the gold and blue gray)?

o

I just sold 4 CC chairs on local FB trading page - over 30 people were interested. They are extremely well made and comfortable.

o

Appreciate the info and confirmed my thoughts that Carrington Court is a quality product. Now to decide on color.
Joaniepoanie I love that fabric - classic but fun! it would work great with my colors.
Old bat - I like your style! Wish I had your white trim.

o

hilltop...I got the fabric at a large, local discount fabric warehouse so have no information on it. ...i love polka dots.

Bat2....thanks to nosoccer I just realized we have the same colors....my kitchen is gold and my LR and DR are gray.

Nosoccer....if you're interested...my kitchen is BM Bridgewater Tan @75%....similar to Sandy Brown. My LR is London Fog, DR is on same chip but a bit darker-- Plymouth Rock.

o

nosoccermom - the yellow is long gone and I'm not sure what it was (could go check the paint can graveyard in the basement if you would like!), but we have the blue throughout the downstairs. It's BM Aura Vancouver Day.

o

Thanks hilltop! Be sure to post an update when you get the chairs.

Joaniepoanie - please post a picture, would like to see your colors. (Another hijack, sorry!)

o

Bat....here you go

photo e91f878b-1402-4905-b091-d2529558e92c_zps39ee0d10.jpg

photo NEW_004.jpg

photo 3855B3AE-081E-4E0F-8399-456FB34B155F-383-0000006D32FA6EBA_zps3add7f83.jpg

o

oldbat - do you have a German German Shepherd? Your dog is gorgeous!

Sorry - so off topic!

o

joaniepoanie - very similar colors, we even have the same golden oak floor:) Thanks for posting!

Glad2be - big smile, thanks! He's a long haired full blooded GS. (Apologies again to hilltop)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here