We are getting ready to finally finish off this space and the thing I know for sure is going in it a large red sectional (I lovingly call it "clifford the big red couch". My kids are 8 & 10. the space itself is 11x30. Originally thought of splitting it into 2 rooms but after framing it looked too broken up so one space it is. What fun things can I add to the space that won't break the bank?
|Depends on WHAT you will be using the room as! |
Trains? (I actually know a family that set up their bonus room with Lionel trains...)
|Just a cool space for the kids to hang out in TV, video, games, movies, board games, etc...|
|A round table (like a kitchen table) and chairs for board games, snacks, etc.? |
Air hockey or foosball (sp?) table?
Craft station if your kids are into that? Easy/cheap to do with those table/desk tops and legs from Ikea... hang a bulletin board on the wall above it for their creations, and/or shelves with boxes of art supplies.
Bean bag chairs?
|If the kids are really into video games, maybe those gaming chairs that sit directly on the floor, like this one?|
Here is a link that might be useful: gaming chair
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here