Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In search of jewel tone accessories

Posted by debrak_2008 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 19:54

Need to start adding color to my kitchen. I love jewel tones especially purple. I'm having trouble finding things like baskets.

Any ideas?

Here are some baskets I found online but purple is out of stock.

Here is a link that might be useful: container store baskets

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In search of jewel tone accessories

Here you go

Here is a link that might be useful: purple

o

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm looking for are things with different jewel tones like one of each color or things with multi colors. Like 1 purple, 1 green, 1 red, etc.

I'm looking for baskets, placemats, other stuff.

I really hate shopping and am not good at finding things. With the baskets I linked I would buy several in different colors but I insist on having purple included, lol.

yayagal, thanks for the purple links. Maybe some will have some other colors too.

This post was edited by debrak_2008 on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 21:16

o

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm looking for are things with different jewel tones like one of each color or things with multi colors. Like 1 purple, 1 green, 1 red, etc.

I'm looking for baskets, placements, other stuff.

I really hate shopping and am not good at finding things. With the baskets I linked I would buy several in different colors but I insist on having purple included, lol.

yayagal, thanks for the purple links. Maybe some will have some other colors too.

o

I've surely seen lots of purple recently-- even in dishware. It would help to know your style or to see a photo of the kitchen to know what direction to be thinking.

o

Not sure I have a direction.
I'll take some photos today.

It one time I wanted to do the entire backsplash in jewel tone tiles. My DD said it looked like m &ms. So I decided to skip that but add color other ways.

o

You may be more successful looking for glassware in jewel tones--- maybe different colors and shapes of old bottles? I would suggest you try eBay.

o

Pier 1 often has jewel tone accessories. Not sure they will have much this time of year but you can check.

o

May not be your style, but google "_____" color Fiesta Ware. Lot's of jewel tones show up.

Also, look at pottery.

o

I googled "Purple baskets" and came up with quite a few places that sells them. Below is a link from Amazon. Page 3 has a nice purple basket.

Before you go purple, I'd find a decorating style first.
Especially if you plan to use something permanent, like a backsplash or paint.

You can also look up color combinations with purple to give you a place to start, then google the colors you want.

And yes, a picture would be great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Purple baskets

o

This thread reads like a Beltone ad.

There's a lot of stuff on The Find.

Pier1 does have some but the website is awful. You really have to individually look at all the kitchen stuff

o

Major baking going on so could not take photos today but here are some from during the reno.

kitchen9-5030 photo kitchen9-5030.jpg

photo kitchen9-5010.jpg

I've noticed that purple, red, and green looks good in the kitchen. Blue not bad but purple the best. I'm aquiring some Amethyst colored viking ware that I may use some of in the kitchen.

I need some baskets for my open shelves and thought a few in different colors would be good. Since I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, now thinking of colored towels or cloth napkins in and over the edge of baskets.

I will need to make a trip to pier 1 as I agree their website is not good. In fact many websites are not that great.

"The find" is a website I have not used yet so will give it a try.

Fiestaware is cool.

You are all helping me think this through.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here