Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scizzo_gw

SW Ivoire, Blonde & Restrained Gold question

scizzo
14 years ago

I'm looking at the color card and these seem to pick up green. However, it seems that so many people love these colors, especially Ivoire as a light color gold. Am I wrong in seeing green??

I want to match a light gold (in a dark living room/dining room) with an accent wall of Behrs red penney or another dark copperish shade.

I like Jersey Cream, but think it may be too yellow against my darkish gold couch. (I'd post a pic, but I can't figure out how to do this)

Comments (9)

• homebodymom
    14 years ago

Just painted a large canvas (28x32?) with Ivorie. Looks like a beautiful creamy yellow in my LR- walnut floors, cherry and dark toned furniture, red accents.

I brought the SAME canvas into my kitchen- natural/honey toned cabinets and the color reads a little green :(

Unfortunately its my kitchen that needs to be painted. I will remember the color for when I want to redo the LR.

• parma42
    14 years ago

I don't see a smidge of green in my Ivoire. It doesn't look anything like it does on the color strip.

In fact, I'd go so far as to call it the anti-green. :)

• lsst
    14 years ago

I have restrained gold in several rooms and at certain times of the day, I see green undertones.

• lsst
    14 years ago

I have Jersey Cream in my foyer and it has no green undertones but it is definitely a yellow cream tone.

• bonniee818
    14 years ago

I have all the colors on that strip I think - LOL! I don't see green at my house in them. If you would like to peek at pics, I will post a link. Good luck with your paint selection!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie's

• annkathryn
    14 years ago

Bumping this up to ask bonniee if she can identify which rooms have Blonde vs Restrained gold.

I have Ivoire and agree that the strip makes everything look green but I never see a green tone on the wall.

I'd like to use Blonde and/or Restrained Gold in two bedrooms (Ivoire is in the hall).

• annkathryn
    14 years ago

Actually, nevermind, I found a description of Bonnie's colors & rooms on another thread.

Off to the paint store!

• ttodd
    14 years ago

I tried RG and Blonde in various rooms w/ completely different exposures.

In one room Blonde pulled waaaayyyyyyy yellow on me.

In another room RG went greeney.

In my front room RG took on a fantastic camel color that was TDF!

• annkathryn
    14 years ago

I bought a quart of Restrained Gold to try out in my laundry room (no windows).

Was your front room south-facing, ttodd? I've got a south-facing bedroom that gets tons of light for which I'm considering the Restrained Gold, or even the Chamois.