|We are doing the floors in our condo and debating between these two |
The vinyl plan looks like wood and the concrete overlay will look more like stone or we could just polish it as we have concrete floors already
The price difference is 50 percent more for the concrete
Not sure which way to go
|I put vinyl plank over my concrete floors in two rooms. The one where adhesive is rolled out and the planks laid has glue that seeps out in high traffic areas-specifically where a chair rolls over it at a desk. The plank that is a "floating" application and stick to each other is fine except where by heavy buffet is sitting. One section is buckling because of the weight of the legs (very small footprint). |
My dogs slip on it, so we ended up tiling.
|I'd consider heavily cushioned vinyl over concrete to be softer under foot...look at flexitech or equivalent.|
|Thanks this is helpful. We are looking at a vinyl plank flooring that actually clicks together much like a laminate would. |
|I'm looking at the click together vinyl for our basement. I've read a lot of good things about vinyl, I have high hopes. I'd like to do it soon as I've picked out the product, but I've got a lot going on in the next month or so.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here