Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chloe_s_mom

More progress pics

chloe_s_mom
15 years ago

I think that I'm getting the hang of wallpapering!

In Chloe's room, I used my $5/roll clearance wallpaper on top, and at the last minute, used paintable beadboard wallpaper (in case she changes her mind on beadboard in a couple of years). Should I paint it though? Would it make it more durable?

Here's another photo of Vivian's room (had issues with the narrow stripe - the original colour was beige but looked pink-ish against the other colours. The room looks a bit mature for a 1 yr old but I'll try to soften it with some stars/night theme. Thoughts? I have white cotton grommet curtains for this room too. Maybe hanging stars....or stenciling something on. I have a cute mirror with a moon, somewhere in our storage locker. Will look for it.

And here's the link to my earlier progress pics:

Here is a link that might be useful: earlier progress pics

Comments (16)

• mzbees
    15 years ago

I love the wallpaper! Such a sweet look. The stripes are very fun.

• nanny2a
    15 years ago

The wallpaper looks great, and I don't see the need to paint the bead board wallpaper unless you're really looking for extra things to do, or want a color other than white. I say this after just having painted all my bead board wallpaper beneath the chair rail in my bedroom and bath. Now that it's all done and dry, you hardly notice any difference at all. I got mine from Graham & Brown, and it's already very sturdy. I don't know that the paint adds any durability to it or not.

Love the stripe detail for the baby's room. You did a great job, and with the right accessories and all I'm sure it will be striking.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

I love the look of the yellow room. Only $5 a roll?!?! Wow.

I love the striped room. Just fabulous.

I don't think you need to paint the beadboard wallpaper if you are sticking with white. I think that they sell it as "paintable" for decorating options. I think the plastic coating on it will be more durable than a paint covering it.

The grommet drapes do not needs the hold-backs. They should hang straight. They make the drapes look like they were punched in the stomach.

Those are two gorgeous rooms, and they are not even done yet! Can't wait to see the progress.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    15 years ago

I'm not at all a wallpaper fan but I love the yellow with the beadboard wallpapered room. (The other room won't come up for me) The whole room with the drapes looks so beautifully coordinated, although I agree that the drapes should hang straight. You've done a wonderful job and have great taste.

• chloe_s_mom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good to know about the tie backs - it is the first time that I've ever tried to use them and was confused by them (them seem shallow/short and the ones in the yellow room ripped wall paper!) I'll take them down, and be sure to not install them in the baby's room. I will also stop trying to find a set for the patio door curtains (also grommets). One less thing for the kids to hang from!

Ingrid, did the photos show up from the earlier thread? The metallic stripey room is there too.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

You're doing a fabulous job. Love both rooms.

• cooperbailey
    15 years ago

Both rooms are adorable. The yellow paper and white beadboard are perfect together. The blue stripe is so sweet for a little one, I don't think it's cold at all.

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Wow -two absolutely adorable rooms! What a great job you did! Do you have bedding and stuff for either get? What is the blue paint color? Love your girls names too -is the little one a "Vivi"?

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

I have to say also how much I love that wallpaper too. High Five to you!
    I am so terrible at putting up wallpaper.
    Good for you what a beautiful outcome.

• chloe_s_mom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

For Chloe's room, I have lovely floral bedding, with a quilt like coverlet. Bright pink with yellow and fresh green bands. She has an older style IKEA bed (a low loft with a slide), and a mesquito net (sorry, PRINCESS net) above it.

For Vivi (yes, she's a Vivi, Vivs, Vivi Voo - hee! hee!), I have a duvet cover that I sewed myelf (my sewing sucks, so hopefully it will stay together), seersucker with bands of aqua, blue and white, for when she's in the big girl bed.

In Vivian's room, I used Sico Cashmere paint (low VOC), and had it colour matched to some Debbie Travis paint swatches - the darker is Venetian Sky, the lighter is Paradise. And the metalic paint is Behr.

More photos soon, of our bedroom (and my first time using Benjamin Moore paint) and our front hallway (darn wallpaper - gorgeous but determined to not stick to the wall)

• ttodd
    15 years ago

They both look great! You have a wonderful sense of style!

• ronbre
    15 years ago

the rooms are beautiful

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Thanks for the paint names -off to find them. Just what I need, more paint strips....

You have to promise to show us what the rooms look like when they are all back together. Just love them!

• bestyears
    15 years ago

Hmmmm, I'm coming up empty trying to find Debbie Travis paint samples. Are you in Canada? Or did you find the samples on the net by chance?
    Thanks!

• awm03
    15 years ago

$5 a roll? It's fabulous! Love the color. Your daughter will really enjoy that happy colorful room. Your striped room is very nice too. I'm so impressed with your papering & decorating skills!

• chloe_s_mom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bestyears - yes, very sorry, I should have pointed out that I'm in Canada - though Debbie Travis has been on Oprah, I don't think that her paint is sold in the US. Odd that the colours aren't on line though, through her own website....I'll see what I can find!

I'm happy to report that DH is also happy with my wallpapering frenzy, though he did suggest crown moulding in our bedroom (guess that I should have used a sharper knife to trim the tops of the paper)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!