Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ledmond

Wall color with concrete floors?

LE
10 years ago

This might be a long shot, but I'll ask anyway. We are having concrete floors with integral color (heated-- mmm) as our final floor in our new house. The color added was to make it slightly warmer/browner, as opposed to pure "sidewalk" color. It changed it a little, but not very much, I think. It is curing very slowly, even though the heat has been on for a month or so. Floor guy came to polish and seal it last week, so we got to see it briefly before it got covered up again. I would describe it as a dark charcoal, but it may still lighten some as it continues to cure.

Anyway, it's fine, I will like it, I"m sure, but what I am finding is that the expanse of gray is visually shifting my perception of the wall color samples and I'm looking out for some more candidates. The ceiling is BMoore Mascarpone and that was sprayed as the initial coat on the walls as well (we'll roll the final coat on after some other work happens.) It's really bright now, so that is also affecting how I see the space.

Original plan was BMoore Berber White, which really isn't white, but now its slight tan is reading a little pinkish to me when I have it in the room. Another candidate is looking better -- BM Aspen in Spring or some goofy name. It looks "cleaner." Adjacent room and stairwell are Brandon Beige, another awful name, but a nice grayish brown.

Windows are black, if that helps. Cabinets, sills, some furniture, will be Douglas fir to warm it up a bit. I know I don't want gray walls-- too cold with all that concrete, but wondering if there's another clean khaki or vanilla that look good with all this? I'd prefer a neutral, and keep the real "color" to the furnishings and art.

I think I'll be checking out some more paint samples this week, so if you have any bright ideas, send them my way!

Comments (2)