Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
equest17_gw

Does anyone recognize this fabric?

equest17
13 years ago

I found this fabric at Hancock on their "flat fold" sale table a year or so ago. It's been in my fabric stash and I recently found the perfect project for it. However, I only have about 1 1/2 yards and I need more. Does anyone recognize it and know where I can find more?

The black damask print is velvet flocked on a somewhat coarsely woven linen type background. I would say it's a medium weight drapery or lightweight upholstery type fabric. I searched Google and finally found something called Bonetti Velvet Flocked Linen, but the pattern seems different (the only image I can find of it is very close up, so it's hard to tell). Any other ideas? Thanks.

Comments (13)

• dawnp
    13 years ago

I searched and searched and found similar fabrics but not this one. Sorry.

Hopefully someone will recognize it.

I don't think the Bonetti is a match.

• equest17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for looking Dawn. Do you mind sharing the similar fabrics you found? I would consider just buying something new in the yardage I need if it's very close. I really love the juxtaposition of textures and colors in this fabric and haven't seen anything close to it except the Bonetti, but the picture of it was too small to really tell if the overall pattern would work.

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

Hi, Equest, I was just in Hancock fabrics today and they have some similar flocked fabrics to the one you're looking for (in the Eau Claire, WI store). I don't recall if they have that exact one, but I was looking through all of the upholstery fabrics and they had at least two flocked with black that caught my eye and were gorgeous. These fabrics were still on rolls in the "current" fabrics; not on remnant tables or anything. In addition, most of the upholstery fabrics are 40% off right now through 2/23, I think.

The store's telephone number is 715-832-1255. You may be able to send a photo of the fabric to them or fax a photocopy and they'd see if they have a match. I can look in person, too. I might be going to Eau Claire on Thursday; it's 45 minutes away, so I don't go super often. Let me know if you want me to look.

• dawnp
    13 years ago

Here is one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert Allen

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

If you turn the second photo upside down I'm sure you'll find that it's a match to the one you are looking for. Did it say where you could purchase it? It's gorgeous fabric.

• equest17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Folkvic, I found it! I feel rather silly, because I located it at the Hancock website after your suggestion. I had looked at my local store, but I guess they carry different bolts. Since what I found was only a remnant, I assumed it was no longer available from them.

It's the Diderot Black Decorator Fabric Item# 1884196 on the Hancock website. It doesn't say anything about flocked and the photo is from so far away I almost didn't recognized the pattern (their stock photo definitely doesn't do it justice). And it's only $18 a yard right now! Thank you all for your help!

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Oh I'm happy you found it. You're right, the pic from the website shows nothing of how gorgeous it really is.

• dawnp
    13 years ago

Yay! It is so pretty!

What will you be making?

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I saw this fabric at a discount fabric store. However, I don't remember the name of it but the price was $10.95 a yard. I remember thinking what gorgeous drapes it would make. I love black and white together.

Good choice equest!

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

I'm so glad you found it, Equest! I checked the Hancock Fabrics website, too, but didn't see it....probably didn't look long enough! What's your project going to be? We can't wait to see pics (hint, hint!).

• nicole__
    13 years ago

WOW! That fabric is gorgeous!

• equest17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It might take me a little while to get to it (I have to finish laying the flooring in two rooms first ;-), but I have a drapery project planned with the material. I'm just glad I can get all the fabric I need!

• Shorthoneys
    9 years ago

Does anyone know if this fabric is still available anywhere? I am in desperate need of one yard. I used this years ago for my bedroom set and am moving to a new house. I need to make one more curtain panel. Please help!!!
    Thanks in advance.