|I thought I had settled on silver light fixtures until I visited a lighting store and found some great black fixtures. Now I'm so confused! Thought I'd ask for opinions here on what looks best with gray walls (specifically Benjamin Moore Shale) - silver or black? We like a little more contemporary look. Here's one of the fixtures that we really like. It's hard to see in the picture but the part that holds the bulb is actually a silver. This one would go in our dining room.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Light
|I love it but only you can decide. I would think it would look good with just about any gray or any other color as far as that goes. I would think more about the look you want to achieve than the paint color. What will your furniture look like and how formal do you want the room to be?|
|Thank you caminnc. That's my problem...I love so many different looks and styles that I can't decide! We will be replacing all our furniture eventually so I don't know what that will look like yet either.|
|In my area many people have silver. Few have black. |
Sometimes I want to recreate something i have seen in a magazine (or Pinterest) and other times I want to so my own thing.
I think it would link sleek and different in black.
In silver it is a little more "expected". Is that a good thing or bad thing to you?
|What a gorgeous color! I jst looked it up online. |
Right now Ihave a combination of black, greywashed & silver lighting in my medium grey LR (SW Dovetail). It's not planned that way - just what I have until I finish buying the greywashed bases.
I like the 1 black floor lamp against the grey walls very much but I wanted a less contrasty look. What is your preference? High contrast or subtle?
Any pics of your room to show us? What color are your trims, window treatments and furnishings? That could help in deciding.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.