Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ljsandler

Pics of Kitchen Table/Chairs

ljsandler
16 years ago

CP from Kitchens:

As I am nearing the completion of my kitchen remodel, I will be buying a new kitchen table and chairs in the next few weeks.

I would love to see pics of your kitchen table and chairs.

Thanks!

Comments (39)

• hoffman
    16 years ago

Mine are set up like a restaurant booth - table is from Williams-Sonoma (it's old - not sure they sell it anymore), banquettes are from Ballard Designs:

• whenicit
    16 years ago

From a company that I believe is called Superior. You choose the legs, the top, the paint, the wood, the size, etc.

• Sueb20
    16 years ago

We made our table from a sewing machine base and a piece of old painted (mostly stripped but then we couldn't get all the paint off, so left it as is) butcher block. Chairs are from Crate & Barrel.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    16 years ago

Posted a photo of my kitchen/dining area awhile ago on another post so I just went in and whipped the tablecloth off and took another one! LOL

One of my most prized possessions:

• ljsandler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Y'alls tables/chairs are beautiful! Thanks for posting!!!

des_arc_ya_ya--I can see why you say your table is one of your most prized possessions! How fun!!

• mitchdesj
    16 years ago

desarc, that is one amazing set..........

• annie1971
    16 years ago

It looks a bit stark without the curtains (being cleaned); but here's mine.

dsarc: what a treasure that set is!

• mamax3
    16 years ago

He{{!gwi}}re is mine.

We just got it and really like it.

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

We have a small set by the French doors - use the dining room when there are more folks for dinner. The cushioned bench is a favorite of the grandchildren.

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

• annie1971
    16 years ago

Karenforroses: That is just so cute! Love your white kitchen, too.

• kgwlisa
    16 years ago

Wow, such cool kitchen tables!

Mine is cheap 'n sturdy from target. The only pic i have of it is paired with a bad "before" of the kitchen, so sorry!

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Thanks, Annie!

• acoreana
    16 years ago

So many great sets! & rooms, too!

Found a pic that shows mine - bought @ "Cardi's" up north years ago:

I like that the glass top keeps that area feeling open - room is so small/cramped as it is.

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

What a wonderful variety!

{{!gwi}}

• shasta_2008
    16 years ago

Acoreana I love the colors on your walls!

• pahance
    16 years ago

Not quite finished decorating in here, but here is the breakfast room so far.

• amykath
    16 years ago

Beautiful pictures!!! This is our kitchen/dining table and chairs.

{{!gwi}}

• annie1971
    16 years ago

rosewind: Not finished? It's gorgeous!

All of you make me anxious to at least get my curtains back up! Lovely rooms. I love the diversity -- all different -- all lovely, warm, kitchen eating areas!

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

Here's mine. A little more modern than most here.

Table base is Pier One Imports. Chairs are by Saloom.

• annie1971
    16 years ago

Jerseygirl -- I love it! I'm so torn between the traditional and the modern choices every has made.

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

Annie,
    It was midlife crisis that made me do it. LOL.

• shaun
    16 years ago

This is our dining room table/chairs.

• acoreana
    16 years ago

thank you shasta :)

• joyceshaw
    16 years ago

Here's ours, dd's enjoying her breakfast in this picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: green breakfast room

• anrsaz
    16 years ago

Oh my! These pictures are all so beautiful! I love Karenforroses' white Kitchen! And I love Rosewind's eating area. I don't think I'd ever leave it!

Des_arc_ya_ya...I'd love to see how you incorporated your table to your kitchen. I found one on Craiglist and it was to die for.

See? I love them all and how do you choose...have eclectic and have it look good?

Beautiful ladies!!!!
    Ann

• meg711
    16 years ago

All your kitchens are gorgeous!

I have a question for those of you with rugs under your kitchen tables, since I'm thinking of getting one (yes, another rug) to help break up all the wood: how do you keep them clean? I know how much I have to sweep up after each meal and I worry that everything will be ground into the carpet.

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

• fnmroberts
    16 years ago

Here is a link to ours. It is maple to match the cabinets and floor. Measurements are 36" x 60" and it does not have a leaf. We do have 2 additional matching chairs to seat 6.

There is another view of the table within the kitchen linked from "My Page".

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• pahance
    16 years ago

Thanks, annellis and meg711!

meg - my rug is a Dash & Albert woven cotton, so fairly easy to care for and not terribly expensive. Here is a link to their web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dash & Albert Rug Co.

• meg711
    16 years ago

Thanks rosewind,

I have a Dash & Albert rug in front of my sink right now so I know that they're great rugs. I've been looking at their indoor/outdoor rugs for under the table but am stumped as to the colors. I may have to get a bunch of 2x3 rugs to figure it out. Thanks for the info.

• stu2900
    16 years ago

This is great timing for me. I think we've finally settled on what we want from Canadel. Haven't made the order yet, but it will be a double pedestal distressed rectangular table. Now we just have to decide on the chairs.

• meg711
    16 years ago

I was so caught up on the rug issue that I forgot to post my photos of our kitchen table and chairs. The only photos I have are from the Bermex website since we're still having problems with the hard drive on our other computer--the one with all our photos.

This is the table:

And this is the chair we finally picked, with a wooden seat:

We still need to pick out fabric for tie-on cushions. (I didn't realize how hard it would be to find the right size trapezoidal cusions.)

• ljsandler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for posting--they were all lovely and I love looking at them! It really helped me decide on color, style, etc. I'm impressed that they are all so clean!!!

I just got off the phone and ordered a kitchen table and 6 chairs!!!

I don't have a pic of the table but it is double pedestal table with an oval top. The size is 76 by 42 inches. They will custom match it to my perimeter cabinets. It is from a company called Zimmerman Chair and Old World Heirlooms.

I also ordered 6 Nichols and Stone side chairs with a black, lightly distressed finish. I went on an ordered the chairs with a fabric bottom that will have the insured Guardian protection. I also know that I will most likely have to change the fabric on some of the chairs sooner than later, if the Guardian protection doesn't do a really good job.

Here's a pic of the style of chair:

{{!gwi}}

I'm excited about the chairs because the backs mimic other design elements in my kitchem such as the harlequin backsplash and hutch leaded glass design.

{{gwi:1391980}}

We'll see in about 8 weeks if I made the right decision--I am keeping my fingers crossed.

• msrose
    16 years ago

kmcg85 & mamax3 - I like the black/dark wood combination. Where did you get your tables?

Laurie

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

msrose, My table is all wood (no black) and the chairs are black with a rub through of brownish wood underneath. I bought them at Arhaus Fuirniture. It is the Tuscany table and the Anduze chairs.

• threedgrad
    16 years ago

Here is my kitchen set now - I used to have a country look but no more. Wall color is now EK Taupe.

• susans02
    16 years ago

My set is Nichols & Stone -

Dining Set is Hickory Chair -

• anrsaz
    16 years ago

Susan02...wowser! Love that kitchen and window seats!

Annaz

• wooderlander
    16 years ago

I don't have any pictures to contribute, but yours are all so beautiful!

Joyceshaw, every time I see a picture from your house, I am amazed at the serenity and beauty of everything you've done. What a sweet little daughter you have.