Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prill_gw

Boxerpups and others... blue and white living room pics

prill
14 years ago

I love blue and white and I'm looking for some inspiration pics for my living room. More on the idea of navy and white (or off white) - or greyish blue and white. Most of my furniture is blue and/or off white except my love seat. My walls are almost navy blue. Although I love the wall color, I think I'm actually ready for a change to a lighter room with lighter wall color. I think changing the rug and either recovering or removing my love seat would make a big difference.

I'm sure this is all a result of this grey winter weather! Won't it be great to see the sun again?

Comments (19)

• segbrown
    14 years ago

I have saved a few ... (sorry for the editorial copy; I just pulled it out of a magazine, apparently)

• kimmieb
    14 years ago

Here's a few for you maybe?

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• prill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks alot - some pretty ones there. Oh where, oh where is Boxerpups???

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Also, try this blog Compltely Coastal that has an article on the blue and white living room from "It's Complicated".

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue and White

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

I think hanging blue and white antique transferware dishes on the wall is attractive too.

{{!gwi}}

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Prill, I saw this rug in Target last night and thought of you. (I was at the further store, not the closer one.) I really like it and wonder if it might work in your LR.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woolrich rug

• prill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Amy - I actually saw that same rug a while ago and wondered about it. Dash and Albert has some pretty ones. Trying to figure out if this one is actually blue, or more of a blue/green. Although I would probably prefer a darker blue than this, or maybe one of their blue striped rugs.

Here is a link that might be useful: dash and albert

• amysrq
    14 years ago

I think I have seen that D&A rug. Not too green, but more grayed down than the Woolrich, which looks closer to cobalt than I have seen in a few years. Saw a scrumptious inky-cobalt pillow at Pottery barn last night, too. We're having a blue moment! Real blue, not Silver Sage blue. Yeaaaa...

I think a field trip to Lenox and the D&A outlet could be in order.

• prill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There's an outlet???

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Amy - too funny!

I was really happy when I saw this thread posted as I had recently purchased a bunch of washable throw pillow covers that were PB. They were navy blue, tan and cream. Decided I'd do something radical and incorporate navy blue into my decorating. Not Silver Sage blue!

Prill yes there is an outlet. I believe it's the 2nd story over one of her stores. I love pretyy much anything Annie Selke does! The rug that I covet is the Blue Heron although the Otis Blue or Tobacco Ticking stripe would fit my colors better.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Heron

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Oh yeah!

Pine Cone Hill, Pot Luck and D&A. Mostly Pine Cone bedding. But some rugs now and again. It's always a crap shoot. Usually a good supply of Pot Luck pottery, but varying quality.

There's a big Home Goods on the way and an amazing chocolate store/coffee shop. Makes for a nice day trip.

• segbrown
    14 years ago

Yay for real blue!

I'm just not a pastel person, or a subtle person, LOL, so I like the navys and cobalts and other saturated blues I'm seeing here.

SOmeone mentioned blue-and-white transferware: I have a few, but not enough, and another blue room

• prill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I keep looking for more transferware. It's so pretty. I like some of the cotton rugs from D&A, but I wonder how they'd hold up and if they'll move all over the place.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Another gorgeous room, Segbrown! If that's a guest room, I am coming for a visit!

Prill, the rugs seem like a good quality to me. They are carried by "better" stores, though that doesn't guarantee anything. There are rug pads that will keep rugs stuck to floors or carpet. Just have to find the right thing.

• becktheeng
    14 years ago

Love seeing all the real blue! The rugs are great. Good luck with the rug search. I'll see if I can find some of my blue inspiration room photos for you.

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Prill - the D&A rugs were specifically made to withstand a ton of stuff. Annie Selke (the designer of them) made them to w/stand her day to day household of 2 or 3 dogs and 2 kids. I understand (from independant reviews) that they are a super purchase.

• karen_je
    14 years ago

Surpisingly, Crate and Barrel has new "Euro-botanical" curtains with a midnight navy background you might like. They also have matching bed linens.

Here is a link that might be useful: Augustine Panels

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Oh Prill,
    I had no idea you posted this.
    I remember your kitchen having a gray blue. Am I wrong?
    Maybe something in the gray blue family would be nice.
    I repainted my kitchen a soft pale almost white green
    because this winter is dragging me down.
    I miss the bright green of summer blooms.
    ~boxer

Here are few more blue rooms....

Smoke Screen by Olympic paint

Galapagos Blue Benjamin Moore

Here is a link that might be useful: Baer Home Designs

• prill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Boxerpups - yup, I'm sure this is winter getting to me. Time for a change. Something fresh and clean - I just feel like repainting everything!