Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do BM River Reflections and Equestrian Grey look green to you?

Posted by aggierose (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 17:43

I'm wanting a dark grayish/taupe color to paint my office. I have dark wood floors in the room that have a red tint to them and I don't like the red so I need a color that won't accentuate the red. I was told to stay away from greens and colors with green undertones. Do these 2 colors look green to you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do BM River Reflections and Equestrian Grey look green to you

They're both green. Green-yellow to be exact.

o

Funcolors can tell you more about it than can I because I am a bit colorblind due to optic neuritis (thank you, MS), but I have Indian River and Smoky Ash from BM that I am looking at in front of me that appear taupish gray or grayish taupe.

o

SW virtual taupe?

o

So sorry to hear about your condition, Patricia43. (hugs)

Indian River and Smoky Ash are both from the yellow/yellow-red hue families.

The word "taupe" isn't a specific color term. Kinda like beige, greige, tan, etc. But overall the accepted norm is that taupe will have some aspect of red. I agree with your taupish gray/grayish taupe description for Indian River and Smoky Ash. Those eyeballs are working just fine! :)

o

Gina - SW Virtual Taupe hue family yellow. One more thought about Virtual Taupe, it partners nicely with the infamous Kilim Beige and Nomadic desert. The darker colors on the Kilim strip tend to get a little gold/brassy looking so folks are challenged to find darker colors to go with Kilim/Nomadic; Virtual Taupe, Smokehouse and Van Dyke Brown all work well. In particular Kilim/Nomadic bring out lovely golden highlights in Van Dyke.

This post was edited by funcolors on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 22:56

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here