Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Homes for filming...eye candy

15 years ago

This website is for film companies to choose homes they'd like to use.

Click on 'Properties', then click on the style of the home and each style will list several or more homes, with extensive interior pictures.

It's a great place to get decorating ideas. Or to dream. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of homes

Comments (15)

• 15 years ago

Interesting site! I was surprised to see that there are alot of fairly common looking houses. Some of my favorite houses I've seen in movies. One of my favorites is the one from Home Alone. Loved that large foyer and beautiful trim.

• 15 years ago

Ah, yes, Home Alone. Filmed in one of our most expensive Chicago suburbs.

• 15 years ago

Nice link with nice eye candy!

• 15 years ago

oakley, thank you for the link. It was nothing short of heaven when I saw the contemporary homes. I was in absolute awe over some of them. OK, all of them. Paradise. Eye candy is right!

When DH and I watch movies, I often make him stop and rewind so I can examine a room, house, landscaping, etc. I wonder if I'll ever recognize one of the homes from this site!

Very cool and lots of fun.

Joanna

• 15 years ago

That's a great website for glancing at amazing homes, there's a section specifically on kitchens too.

Those homes are not staged, real people live there so it's fun to glance at their decor and accessorizing, dog blanket on the floor and everything.

• 15 years ago

That's what I liked also mitch, that we get to see how people actually live.

One thing about the site I love is most of the homes are in old, established neighborhoods that just aren't built that way anymore. Large yards, sidewalks...it reminds me of my childhood. lol

• 15 years ago

This site was posted once before and it sparked a long thread about paint colors, too. Thanks for reminding me. It's so much fun. I wish we could see more rooms that are not prepared for photos, rooms the way people live in them.

• 15 years ago

Thanks so much for the link, Oakleyok!

• 15 years ago

I missed that link the first time around I guess. Thanks for sharing it.

• 15 years ago

This is a neat link! Thank you ...

My favorite movie homes are in "The Holiday" (both of the homes are impeccable in that movie, even though they're two totally different styles), and "Something's Gotta Give". I'd live in any one of those homes and not alter a single detail.

• 15 years ago

OH dear...I'd sure love to know what movies were filmed in the contemporary houses, to see a camera moving around in them...thank you very much for posting this!

• 15 years ago

There's always Set Decor magazine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Set Decor

• 15 years ago

Add me in for the house in "Something's gotta Give." I was in line for the DVD, not for the plot, but the house. We used to live at a college in Marin co. CA. There were several unique buildings and every once in awhile a movie scout would come by looking for locations. Fun!

• 15 years ago

Very cool site! Thanks for posting. I'm bookmarking it to check out later when I can look through it more.

• 15 years ago

I just posted a question on the house on the show Kyle XY. I love the colors they chose. Very elegant but lived in too.