Can there be too much love? Why yes, yes there can. This room proves it:

Comments (23)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Tee hee.

Someone please fix the rug, too

• hhireno
    10 years ago

I can't help but notice all the cages and boxes. Don't they know that saying about if you love something set it free? Not trap it in a box or a caged table.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I'm envisioning someone tripping on the edge of that rug and putting her eye out on one of the sofa arms.

Between the windows, the mirror, the tables, the sofa arms...seems like far too many hard edges...WAIT, is there a chicken in that cage aka end table on the right of the sofa?

• stolenidentity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL!! I thought the same things. And I also think someone must be ready to just pack it all up and get the heck out, what with all those suitcases.

We should be glad that there are not live critters behind those doors! The one thing I like in that room is that the windows are not dressed.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Well, except for the decor items with words, I really love this room! The chicken wire tables are very trendy and there are too many of them in the same style, but I love the windows and the color of the walls, as well as the upholstery. I probably wouldn't be able to live with the cattywampus rug, but it adds some interest.

• Jamie
    10 years ago

The bright side is that with all that reading material as décor, you don't have to put in bookshelves.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

LOL!

• melsouth
    10 years ago

Y'all are funny!
    I'm going to go straighten my own rug...

• Mmmbeeer
    10 years ago

LOL, Sas! Today I learned there is such a thing as "Loving too hard" ;-)

• teeda
    10 years ago

That room is migraine-inducing!

• stolenidentity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If lovin' you is wrong I don't wanna be right pretty much covers the tune need!

• Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 4b
    10 years ago

More than 3 is a collection.

• Faux68
    10 years ago

There are a lot of good things in this room. Just too many "words".

Aside from that it is a cute room.

Take away everything that has a word on it and look at it again. Then remove the grid from the mirror. Next take the small rug out of the room. This must be what all of the HGTV shows mean when they talk about "editing".

The print on the chair looks great with the sofa, pillows, and throws. I also like how the lamps, wall color, and other accessories look with each other.

This post was edited by Faux68 on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 22:28

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Lots of boxes and "stuff" to hold other "stuff". I am not fond of "talking" stuff on the walls other than a teenager's room or a small apartment kitschy kitchen.

Too much love, joy, happiness, peace and "no rest for the weary eyes."

Like the rug, even its position but it would look better if the room were not so kitcshy trying to be clean, unique contemporary. No like no signage. No boxes. No talking plaques.

A nice rounded end table would have been nice to soften the edges of the windows, the mirrors, etc.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I like certain things about it, too, but to me, it looks to be straight out of a furniture showroom. In fact, I looked twice to see if it was.

• busybee3
    10 years ago

i'm not into signs or words as decor, but i kindof liked that since they were decorating with words they made it a theme and used 4 love signs instead of just 1 love sign---makes it more interesting and makes having any sign 'make more sense', imo.

i don't care for the printed cases next to the floral chair tho in the mix- i would definitely change that!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'd rather see love in the owners' hearts than words on the walls.

This room looks very staged and catalog. All that is missing is the little letters in circles so you know where to find the descriptions and prices. I think it's because it is too matchy...4 tables the same, 2 lamps the same, 3 pillows match, 2 pillows match, the 3 pieces of "luggage" are a set, the 4 "love" art are a set... no personalization or warmth and it leaves a very "Home Goods" impression on me.

• Em11
    10 years ago

Even the handbag casually sitting "just so" beside the chair matches the pillows. This is the kind of thing I find on so many home decor blogs that drives me crazy. And all the blog comments just ooh and ahh and say "omg!" over it.

• demifloyd
    10 years ago

Although the room is not without a few attractive elements--mainly the color scheme--it otherwise looks like Hobby Lobby blew up and Home Goods came by and spit up.

• caminnc
    10 years ago

Haha!

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

LOL! I didn't see the caged chicken, but it seems like a bunch of mixed elements to me too. A large clump of white coral, a large glass urn of oranges with some green fronds 'growing' out of it? Agree, some of the basic elements are nice, but then somebody went wild accessorizing.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

There is just plain too much stuff. Too many pillows, too many accessories, too many rugs. But I do like the color scheme, especially the windows.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

This room should be posted in the 'trying too hard' thread. Can you say
    contrived? The picture looks as though it's an ad for various decorator items in the room, at least I'm hoping that's the case.

The one thing I do love are the colors, I've used ivory, gold, and black thruout my home, since I don't care for a lot of color, and didn't want the trendy all neutral look.