Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianelu_gw

Help deciding on patio furniture fabric

dianelu
10 years ago

Last fall we picked up some inexpensive bamboo/rattan furniture at an estate sale with the intent of sprucing it up and putting on the back porch of our 1960 brick home. We plan to go with a "tiki" look there, so wanted a fun, kitschy style fabric. I think I've found a fabric and a coordinating fabric I like, but am SO confused as to which fabric should go where! We have two bamboo "sofas" and 4 bamboo chairs (1 of which is a "rocker" w/ ottoman). My initial thought was to do all of one side of each cushion in the one print, all of the other side of the cushions in the coordinating print (so that they could have the flexibility of being "reversible" for a different look if we so desired), and the rise (side) of the cushions in a third solid color fabric, which - along with some cord piping - would hopefully pull the entire look together.

But now I am wavering. Perhaps both sofas should all be in the same print, front and back, and the chairs in the coordinating fabric? Aggh! This SO hard when you are decorating-challenged like me! Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! At the end of this post is a link to the porch & furniture (just click on each pic to enlarge), and here are links to the fabrics I'm wanting to work with: (unfortunately I do not know how to directly link on this site, so you will have to copy and paste, I guess):
Tommy Bahama Wave Runner Raffia: https://www.fabric.com/buy/ug-453/tommy-bahama-indoor-outdoor-wave-runner-raffia
Tommy Bahama Kalani Stripe Samba: http://www.joann.com/home-decor-print-fabric-tommy-bahama-kalani-samba/11297868.html#q=Tommy+Bahama+Kalani&start=1

Haven't narrowed down a color for the rise, but am leaning either toward a burnt orange or an olive/brown color? I am hoping to also tie into the red brick look of the back patio wall with maybe some throw cushions, etc. by pulling out the burnt orange color in the wave runner & stripe fabric, so am not sure if a burnt orange on the sides/rise would be "too much".
Thanks for any help you can give!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Bamboo Patio Furniture

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus