|I am confused, less now than a week ago but now, I'm stuck. To put this in a bit of shorthand. I sold my home after yrs of TLC until it was just too much and I got too old to do it all. I am in a condo now & of course brought a portion of my furniture. It is a wide upen & somewhat spacey condo with huge windows in every area & that's what sold me. |
Since there is virtually a 'hallway' to the bed & baths through the LR, I have my sofa mid room with it's back to the kitchen stools. That left me without enough space for my long sofa table so it found a home in front of the 3 LR windows. Well, I had a second small console table which fit perfectly next to the fireplace. But I do not like two of them in the same room & never was nuts about the longer one. So, I scouted all over the web looking at everything from bombe chests to plant stands & everything in between. Then the idea struck me, of course a lovely bench that opens for crazy storage.
The exact bench comes in beige tufted (top) fabric or deep brown leather. I have nothing leather but it would be the most practical. I have two darker beige side chairs edged in walnut and a paisley sofa with 2 reclining sides. So, it's not 'old' but just comfy traditional looking to me. I would not mind the additional seating & a few pretty pillows on the ends. I have beautiful large area rugs in brown & beige and I had all light, large beige ceramic tile floor installed. The LR & Kitchen all flow together.
The woodwork is all white and I hung the dark brown rod with grommet voile curtains. So eclectic yes, but I don't want to get carried away either. Link to the beige but brown leather is there somewhere too.
Thank you 'expert advice givers' as usual.
Here is a link that might be useful: Storage bench upholstered
|I like the idea of leather. When we first got married, my husband talked me into a leather couch and I will NEVER go back. It is so easy to clean, it doesn't collect dog hair and once you break it in, it is super comfy!|
|It appears that the leather is actually faux. I would pick the fabric one.|
|If it were real leather, I'd say leather, but since it's not, I'd choose the fabric cover. It's a nice bench.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here