Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanna help me find a wall clock?

Posted by fouramblues (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 16:31

My kitchen reno is almost complete. Lots of little punch list items for DH, plus backsplash for me. But I need for it to start feeling warmer and lived in, so I'm thinking about decorating now. There's a large, empty wall that needs something, and a clock would be a useful thing there (can't see any other clock from the dining table). I bought a Restoration Hardware clock that's just right:

Photobucket

Only it was defective, as was the replacement they sent me. I'm not trying a third time. (You'd think that, given the cost of RH items, they'd be better quality. Their customer service was good, though -- took back both with no challenge and no cost to me in the end.)

So, here's what I liked about that clock: the size, 28" (I want min 18" and max 30"), the dark metal case with clean lines, the sort of rustic finish, the Arabic numerals, and the cost (less than $200 shipped). What I didn't like, but could have lived with, and which you can't see in the pic: the faux aged clock face.

So do any of you know of a clock that would fit all the above criteria?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanna help me find a wall clock?

I've had this site bookmarked for ages and keep looking for my perfect clock. Unfortunately shipping, duties and handling to Canada is killing me. They have tons though and you're sure to find something you like.

http://www.wayfair.com/Wall-Clocks-C417053.html?redir=wall+clocks&rtype=6&dept=2

On the left hand side you can plug in your criteria and narrow down the search.

o

This was one of my favorites on Dawn8b's link.

Here is a link that might be useful: clock?

o

dawn, it's obscene how much time I've spent on wayfair in the last few days (good call!) and I THOUGHT I'd seen every clock, but... Gina, that clock is so cool, and I hadn't seen it. Unfortunately, it's got Roman numerals. I've got a little one who's learning to tell time, so I want Arabic. Also, the clocks with Roman tend towards old-world, and I'm leaning industrial/contemporary.

Thanks for the ideas, gals!

o

What about this one...

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here

o

I just want a wall clock that doesn't tick!

o

This etsy seller has many in your size range and you can personalize them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here

o

lyban, that one's already on my short list! kkay, ticking doesn't bother me so much, at least not in the living space. Only somewhat related, I recently got an old Dualit toaster. When I fire it up it sounds like it needs to be disarmed FAST. I thought it would drive me crazy, but I got used to it in a couple of days, thankfully.

o

Oops, was posting at the same time as you, lyban. The etsy clocks look promising, thanks! Tonight I'll be spending an obscene amount of time on etsy. :)

o

OK, I decided to get a clock that busted the budget. (So I didn't even stick with the criteria I listed!) I ordered it from homedecorators.com:

Photobucket

I sure hope this one keeps time correctly. Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone!!

o
Large Wall Clock

Once upon time I was searching for wall clocks but I could not find many hours. At last I saw a website about Large Wall Clocks and Now I thought to purchase clock from here but I am confused. now I want to ask from all that Have you visited this site before? And please reply me if anyone buy clock from this site or visited this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: clockstore

o
Large Wall Clock

Choose YOUR size in most styles...12" to 60"Large Wall Clocks . Excellent prices. Add a family name or logo. Original designs only found HERE. Free shipping. Made in the USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: clockstore

o

Uttermost has some beautiful clocks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here