Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rknala

Does this match Kashmir White?

katlan
9 years ago

Well, we haven't heard back from the granite guy yet.(boo) We called Sat. morning and left a message. Anyhow, if it turns out we can afford the granite and it is Kashmir White and we do choose it, will this backsplash match it? Or is the background color on the granite too gray?

Comments (15)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Sorry, but this tile looks like it belongs in a bathroom.
    Can you post s picture of your slab? Kashmir White can be greenish as well as grayish. It is also a bit more delicate than the other Kasmirs.

• katlan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I only have a couple pictures of it. Didn't get a pic of the whole slab yet. And honestly, I don't even know for sure it's Kashmir white, because apparently I had a brain freeze and didn't ask the name! ugh.

Here are the pics I have of it. I will definitely get pics of it, in much better lighting if they come back with a price we can work with. Thanks for your input.

• katlan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another pic....

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I think the granite is a whole 'nother feeling than the tile. I usually see Kashmir White and other light granites with white cabs or very dark-stained cabs. Backsplash is usually plain subway tie or the like. Your tile is very rustic. It reminds me quite a bit of the vinyl flooring of the 1960s, so maybe it'd work in a home of that era, but I can't see putting granite with it.

• HomeChef59
    9 years ago

I mean this in the nicest possible way, I really don't like that backsplash. It looks like something you would be tearing out rather than putting in. I would set it to the side and come back to it later. See how you feel about it after a little while.

The granite is lovely. Perhaps something more quiet would be appropriate.

• MrsShayne
    9 years ago

sorry, I don't like the BS with that granite... Something just isn't working. But the good news is, it's your choice so if you really love it, go for it... I think they clash though.

• MrsShayne
    9 years ago

here's the org pic...

• amyktexas
    9 years ago

I have Kashmir white paired with matte white subway tiles and it works perfectly. The granite stays the star :)

• AngelaZ
    9 years ago

We have Kashmir white granite in our kitchen. Our cabinets are dark (walnut) color and we chose a neutral greenish/taupe subway tile. I love the combo. The backsplash tiles you posted seem like they would be far too busy for my taste with the granite. Here are a couple of pics of our kitchen I snapped with my phone for you to see- hope it helps!

{{gwi:2140072}}
    {{gwi:2140073}}

• katlan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I actually like the tile a lot. I also had a feeling it wasn't going to work. The granite, if it happens, will be the star for sure. I don't want to cheapen it. I'm painting the cabinets white.

I was looking at some crackle glass and stone backsplash tile today. Very pretty. My kitchen when we bought this house 25 years ago had dark, dark walnut stained cabinets, red countertops, gold linoleum on the floor and red linoleum as a backsplash! It's an eat-in kitchen and tiny. I painted the cabs, painted the counter, painted the backsplash, replaced the floor.

Now I'm ready to get a true, NEW countertop and backsplash and floor.

Still haven't heard back from the granite guy. True story, I went to the Lowes closest to our home, 20 mi. away and they quoted $3,200 to install Laminate countertops! Went to the Lowes in a bigger town an hour away, they quoted $2,800 for granite, installed with a free sink. What??

I don't think I want to deal with Lowes, at least not for my counters. Hoping I hear from the granite guy soon.

Thank you for all your help. I agree, they don't work, I was just tryin' to save a buck because that BS tile was sitting in my garage. Maybe I can sell it on craigslist! haha

• Gracie
    9 years ago

What is your flooring? I would use that as my guide to what type of counter to get. If it's tile, much of the older tile has a pinkish beige undertone, so a cool toned granite like Kashmir White could look really off. It's usually easier to make a dark granite work with warm tones.

• katlan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Floor is undecided. DH said we have hardwood under the linoleum but we don't know what shape it's in. Would it be safe to refinish hardwood in the kitchen if it can be refinished? Just have a ton of sealer on it?

Here's a pic of our hardwood floors we had refinished about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Would this floor look good in the kitchen or do we need to do tile or linoleum or whatever?

I definitely DO NOT want anything to look pink.

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

That floor will look fabulous in your kitchen. We've had hardwood in the kitchen for 17 years-nary a problem.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I'd go for it! If you can get it site finished especially. We only have hardwood in our hallway and powder room, but it's got a Swedish finish and is impervious. Still looks great after 16 years.

• katlan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll push for the hardwood. At least pull up the current floor and see what we have to work with. Fingers crossed!

Now if the granite guy would just call, ugh.