Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

Did someone say greige?

patty_cakes
11 years ago

Can you count the ways......

It's an awesome blog and thought I should share.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    11 years ago

The word "greige" certainly romanticizes all those colors so they look and feel more delicious.

For me, however, those are all low chroma colors each belonging to an identifiable hue family. :)

• allison0704
    11 years ago

I dislike the word "greige" a lot. It sounds dirty (as in dirt, not gutter/sexual). It actually makes me cringe.

• patty_cakes
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Funcolors, thank you for such an explicit explanation, although i'm still lost. LOL

Allison, have never been fond of the word, but when it's heard or said, my 'mind's eye' does 'see' a grayed beige~(though not dirt!)very self explanatory compared to other color names. In trying to locate the perfect 'true' coral for my 2 year old GD's room, looking at Valspar's Sweet Mango which is pretty close, the name does not lead me to believe it's coral. Whoever puts a name with a color must surely have a vivid imagination.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Yes, we talked about color naming in the last month or two.

Paint, nail polish, and lipstick are named by three departments of Elf, Fairy, and Troll, LTD; offices located on the ground floor; follow the signs to mushroom patch, leaf litter, and stone bridge; catering by Weed, Wine, and Whiskey To Go.

• patty_cakes
    Original Author
    11 years ago

B'mom, you didn't 'have me at hello', but you did have me LMAO! You have such a great sense of humor! I hope it's appreciated by family and friends. ;o)

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Thank you, Miz Cakes... I neglected to thank you for referring us to those gorgeous photos. Now I want to throw it all up and move to St. Remy ...

I once spent a glorious week in a place outside St. Remy called the Chateau de Roussan. It has been tarted up some since then. I think I liked it better when it was a little funkier (there was a resident black lab in the office, and a colony of cats who roamed about, and the furniture was Louis-by-the-numbers, ormolu for days), but it is still a lovely place to be.

Sponsored
GREAT FALLS Construction
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Award Winning Home Building & Remodeling Experts of Fairfax County