Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threeapples

How do I hang these drapes?!

threeapples
10 years ago

I bought what drapery seamstress said, but I do t see how I attach the rings to the hooks? Seems like I don't need the hooks, right?

Comments (11)

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

You can use that clip -clipped directly to the pleat or to use the pin you need a ring that has a smaller ring that faces forward attached to it. There are examples on line but for the life of me can't link the picture here using my phone. Try googling how to use rings with pleated drapes.

• theclose
    10 years ago

Correct, you don't need the hooks. There are ring hooks that are made for drapery hooks that have a loop, or an eyelet, on them instead of a clip, if you are interested in that. But these will work too. Also a slightly different look. Your current rings might have slightly more space between the rod and the top of the drape than if using the drapery hooks with different rings. Does that make sense? Here is a pic of the other type of curtain ring. Good luck!

By the way, the peek I see of your fabric looks gorgeous!!

• theclose
    10 years ago

I just read the PP's response and didn't realize your drapes are pleated. I really think the rings with the eyelets will be a more finished look. Not sure if your rings will allow the curtains to lay nicely.

• theclose
    10 years ago

And just so you see an example, here are my pleated drapes hung with rings w/eyelets using drapery hooks. You can see that there is basically very little space between the top of the drape and the rod.

• threeapples
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, I just ordered the other kind and will post photos once they are up.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Your fabric is beautiful. Look forward to seeing them when they are hung.

• chispa
    10 years ago

I also have the rings that mamorella showed with the little eyelet ring. Those and the hooks will work best.

Do you have the name of the fabric? I'm looking for a floral and it looks similar to Kravet IDA 430 shown on chair in link, but yours has the blue.

I used Schumacher (Celerie Kemble) Hot House Flowers in Spark in my guest house living area and I'm looking for a new floral to be the starting point for my master bedroom remodel. Yours seems to be of the same style as what I'm looking for and I would love to see and compare to what I have so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Kravet IDA 430[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/fantastic-home-by-designer-jill-willey-eclectic-family-room-indianapolis-phvw-vp~206202)

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

It's Thibaut Baron print. (It also comes as a matching crewel embroidery, and as wallpaper, in several colorways.) It's actually a Jacobean print with birds, much different than the Kravet

Here is a link that might be useful: Thibaut Baron

This post was edited by palimpsest on Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 19:56

• chispa
    10 years ago

Thanks. I also used an embroidery in my DR, Schumacher Palampore Embroidery #64842. The fabric photos on the sites do not do these fabrics justice. Yours doesn't look like much till you see it on the high res photo being used on a chair. I'm not too sure about the pink and purple colors, but worth getting a sample to see in real life. Can't wait to see the drape reveal! Thanks again.

• threeapples
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The pink and purple are not that prominent actually. The print is slightly different than the wallpaper, which has birds. I really wanted the crewel version, but the cost was prohibitive. I may do an upholstered chair in crewel in the same room if I can make a decision about the last chair.

• chispa
    10 years ago

There is a design and fabric store a few minutes away from me that carries Thibaut, so I'll definitely stop in this week to look at a sample.