|I need to come up with a color palette to go with the "inspiration piece" a matelasse bedspread from LL Bean in a color called "Faded Indigo"--the color of faded blue jeans. The 14x20' bedroom opens onto the pool, hottub and woods through triple french doors--nice, bright lighting. the furniture is a late 50's suite in medium dark wood, very spare, horizontal lines. I'm having trouble grasoing this project because our color tastes diverge extremely--I gravitate toward bright saturated colors, whereas he favors neutrals, hates decorative pillows and would just as soon forget about the whole thing. But he loves the bedspread he picked out.... |
|I'd go with a soft yellow...that denim blue and yellow look fab together and a really soft yellow may be neutral enough for him.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here