Wed, Feb 2, 11 at 15:22
|Working on a shoe string budget, and looking for ideals to
improve these 1980's kitchen cabinets. Anything will help!!!!
Your pics, your thoughts on painting the laminite cabinets. I'm redoing a 80's condo that will be a second home and a vacation rental.
|From the looks of it, paint is gonna be your best friend at this point. Good luck with your project. Do you have more pictures of your space?|
|Repost this on the kitchen forum. Someone there removed the laminate and wood strips, added moulding painted them and it looked adorable. you could also search online for replacement doors. If it is a condo there probably aren't too many doors and drawers. You can paint the frames and doors.|
|I have similar cabinets in the hall bathroom. I used the beadboard wallpaper. Then painted that and those fake wood parts the same creamy white color, and added handles. I love how it turned out and it was very inexpensive (wallpaper was about $20). It has held up well in the bathroom. I am not sure, however, how it would hold up in a kitchen, but if it is a vacation/part time home, it might be ok.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.