Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Sam Moore chairs

Oakley
10 years ago

Anyone have an upholstered Sam Moore arm chair? If so, how do you like it?

And if you do have one, would you post a picture?

Comments (11)

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

I have 2 SM club chairs and an ottoman, got them in 2005 I believe. They're in our family room but don't get a lot of use simply because they don't face the TV so there is little wear. I like them, they're fine, they're pretty comfortable - and I will sell them rather than move them so obviously I don't love them! Will try and find a picture for you.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Here ya go Oakley - this shows one pretty well. Let me know if you need a different type of pic.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's a beautiful chair, dlm. Why don't you like it?

I've been doing a lot of online searching for upholstered chairs and keep coming up with Sam Moore so I was curious as to whether they were sturdy.

• localeater
    10 years ago

I have two Sam Moore Jane chairs. I actually bought them second hand, with the intention of recovering or slipcovering. I didnt hate the fabric, it was in great condition so I havent gotten around to that yet. The chairs get decent/medium use and all the cushions and back are still in great condition. Can post picture later if you want.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I have had this Sam Moore chair for probably 12-13 years. I had it reupholstered a couple of years ago. I ordered it new with a maroon jacquard type of fabric.

I also use this as an extra chair when we have people over.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nice! Gscience, what type of back is that?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

That is a channel back chair, although it looks to have a bit of wing back too.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Too bad I don't live closer, Dlm, I'd come get that chair! It's exactly what I want, even though I used to have one similar but gave it away. Ugh. I haven't seen that style online at all.

I'm torn. The 2 chairs will be for the LR, each will flank the sofa.

DH would love to have another recliner, the old one broke and I told him no way were we getting one of those ugly honkin' things again. lol. I found a place that will make one which looks like an arm chair, but it will be big enough for someone 6'. They can make me a matching chair..picking out the fabric myself.

More than likely I won't sit on the recliner, so would a room look okay having mis-matched chairs along with the sofa? I'm thinking the chairs need to match.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the recliner I'm thinking about ordering. It's roomier than it appears in the picture.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

I don't think chairs need to match but it depends on your style and what the rest of the room is like. I have a sofa and 2 of those chairs in my family room because that's kind of my comfort zone. My living room has a sofa and 2 chairs that are similar to each other but are slip covered the same so read as a pair. I love a looser, less 'constructed decor but fall back on what I know. Sigh..... maybe in the next house. Seriously, Oakley if you ever plan a driving trip towards Chicago and are still chair hunting, let me know.