Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Decorative Window Films....

User
16 years ago

Has anyone used those decorative window films? they have etched glass looking ones..stained glass.

Here's what i'm talking about...

{{!gwi}}

href="http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii62/sheesharee/?action=view¤t=decorativefilm2.jpg"; target="_blank">{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Anyone have these and love them? Do they look cheesy in real life? Hard to put up? What are you thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Decor & More

Comments (2)

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

I have them! It was a great, inexpensive and easy solution to a problem that I had with a couple of transoms we put in when we remodeled. We did not anticipate that we would have a view into our neighbor's kitchen and vica versa. It did not make sense to put curtains or blinds so this was the perfect solution.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

It is very simple to install--you just measure and cut, spray down your windows with a water bottle, put it up and then use a squeegie type thing they give you to get all the bubbles/water out. Just make sure you measure twice, cut once!

My suggestion is to take into account your window style and whether or not you have grids in selecting which window film you think would work best.

Mine are from Wallpaper for Windows.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wallpaper for WIndows

• oceanna
    16 years ago

I really like the pattern you picked out, Val. It reminds me of gluechip. Now I'm, wondering if it can be worked in with Gallery Glass -- lol!