Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deluxe DIY Doggie Bunk Beds!

Posted by Baroo2u (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 13:31

I've GOT to make one of these--mind you, The Boyz will probably fight over who gets the top bunk!

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY Cozy Home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deluxe DIY Doggie Bunk Beds!

Adorable!!!!

o

I think the Rottweiler is saying "Hey dummy, I asked for a twin size bunk"!

o

Very cute, but those stairs are dangerous. When there's running up the stairs, the doggies' paws can slip through the back of the stairs and the results can be the equivalent of the canine ACL tear.
However, easy to fix by putting a board at the back of the treads.

o

That's cute.

o

Thanks for pointing that out, NSM! I was planning on changing the stairs around or changing them to treaded ramps since a lot of dogs don't know what to do with cute little non-human sized stairs.

o

Good idea about the ramp. My rotties would have avoided the steps and jumped.

o

I agree that the steps should be closed. They should probably have something with more traction on them, carpet or rubber matting. That said, my border collies would run up to the top and jump off over the railing. That is, until the German Shepherd got up there and took over. :)

o

In my house the dog would take the bottom and the cat would take the top bunk.

o

Lol! Anna, your house sounds like mine. Until recently, our roost was ruled by a beautiful blue heeler/border collie cross. The basenjis would be quick to bail from the top bunk if she were still here to give them "The Look". Without her, I'm a little worried they'll use the ramps as launching pads to the kitchen counter: )

o

This is really highjacking the thread, but I thought this was so sweet: Dog and orangutan in South Carolina.

Here is a link that might be useful: dog and orangutan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here