Until the other day, I hadn't been to this Decorating site in ages. Good to see some familiar names and hope to get to know the new names!
A year and a half ago, in the kitchen, we had a pipe rot inside the wall behind the sink. Extensive damage. Insurance company sent out 'specialists' and they found mold, mildew in the walls and asbestos tiles under existing cabinets.
Having to re-do a whole kitchen, from the ground up ourselves, I decided to get a few updated items.....things I would never ordinarily splurge on.
I did two months of research for wood shades, ordered tons of samples and finally used the Blinds dot com company.
Five shades at a total of $679.
A couple days ago I went to raise the blinds in the morning as I do every morning and as I walked away and looked back, noticed the main (largest) blind didn't raise all the way on one side.
Has anyone dealt with this situation before?
I guess in my mind, paying over $600 meant I was going to have blinds that lasted longer than 14 months.
Thank you for any advice, options you can give me.
|Check the warranty on the blinds. Even if it expired at one year, give them a call.|
|I ordered blackout shades for my guest room over the holidays (3). |
Dh installed them and the largest one had three tiny holes. I called the number immediately and within a week I had a replacement...no questions asked. They didn't want the old one back. I was pleased.
I would call them. Have your order number ready when you call them.
|Have you contacted them? They have been responsive with me. My experiences with them have been positive..|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.