Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doorbell Chimes that sound nice

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 12:59

Any recommendations for wired doorbell chimes that sound nice and look decent?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doorbell Chimes that sound nice

I guess we'd have to know what you mean by sound nice!

Are there tones/songs you don't like?

o

In my last house I had the long pipes, which I loved~my Grandma had them when I was a kid, and I told myself I would have them in my house one day. The tune was the Westminister chimes, which are pretty standard, but there could be others, as well as a different housing unit than the traditional design pictured. The one pictured is what I had, but w/o the clock.

Hmmmm, maybe I should change mine out. ;o)

o

I like sounds that sound rich and resonant. Most of the bells I have heard seem to have a cheap recorded sound with a crappy speaker and some kind of a plastic cover (sometimes painted to look like fake metal).

Pattycakes - I love long chimes and did find a company that makes them and also restores old ones. Knock Doorbells

o

GWlolo, I too prefer rich and resonant chimes. Your link didn't work but I think this may be correct. If not, please resubmit as I'm on the look out for beautiful chimes also. Have you heard them yourself?

Here is a link that might be useful: Knock doorbells

o
Wow! Knock is pricey

I just check your link. $1,400 for a restored chime is out of my price range. Ouch!

o

Here's a Westminster on ebay. Great price, but used.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay

o

In my house, it doesn't matter what it sounds like, because after the first note the killer cockapoo is barking uncontrollably and trying to rip the socks off the person doing the ringing...

sigh

I've asked my dh to disconnect the darn thing. I'm going to have to take matters in to my own hands. She's not nearly as nuts if they would just knock. My milkman (yep, I've got one) knows NOT to ring the bell. If she would just settle down it would be fine.....but she just keeps on going and going, even after the UPS truck has left the block...oh my

So to me, the nicest sounding ones are those that don't ring! lol

o

when we moved to our current house a year ago it just so happened that my grandfathers clock AND our doorbell have the same chime ,(Westminster)Half the time we dont know if its the clock or the doorbell, lol,

o

I honestly don't even mind a two tone. Maybe the ones at I head at our local HD were particularly crappy. Any recommendations at all?

Lalitha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here