Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tfitz1006_gw

Upholstered headboard

tfitz1006
10 years ago

I've never gotten around to getting a headboard for our MBR. Other things always took priority. I'd like to purchase one this year but I don't have a huge budget. Husband does not want a footboard. I'm thinking of an upholstered headboard-must be all that Mad Men I'm binge-watching. I have a king size bed and I don't want to spend more than $500ish. Does anyone have experience with Ballard or one kings lane? I would like a nice neutral, perhaps a linen feel, very tailored look. Thanks for the help. I attach a pic- room is blue and yellow but I'm flipping the color scheme with a butter yellow wall and blue accents, sort of provencal look.

Comments (10)

• User
    10 years ago

Have you thought about making one? There are loads of tutorials online.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

i love ballard designs, but i only buy from there when i can't find what i want elsewhere because some of their stuff is pricey, and their shipping costs can really get up there quickly. lighting is the only category i think is priced really reasonably.

for something like a headboard, you don't need to splurge IMO because it's behind the bed and you'd never discern a difference between a $1000 headboard and a $300 headboard in the same style.

check overstock - there are lots in similar styles as to what ballard has, and less than $300 usually with free or very inexpensive shipping.

also, you might check your local big furniture stores. i got a queen size upholstered headboard with nailhead trim for either $199 or $249 from their stock collection for our guest bedroom.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Pottery barn has inexpensive ones if you dont mind simple; and they come with washable slipcovers

• theclose
    10 years ago

I have a Ballard headboard in mind for my master. One day. They have 15% off all the time (in most decor mags there is a code each month). There is one, the Camden maybe, that sells additional slipcovers. That is my plan.

My aunt and cousin have headboards from Wayfair. They are very happy with them.

I agree with maggiepie that you won't be able to tell from afar how much you spent on the headboard, so go with one you like shape-wise and is the best deal.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Do you have a Tuesday Morning store nearby? Ours usually nice linen covered headboards available at resonable prices.

ML

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

IKEA has a cotton--synthetic-linen-look upholstered headboard, King size for 300.00

Target for even less

and I think West Elm has, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA upholstered headboard

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Today on Ballard's web site they have 20% off on purchases over $500, I think, but I also literally got a catalog in the mail 20 minutes ago with "save 20% off everything" splashed across the cover with a code to use on the back cover. Just FYI.

• kitschykitch
    10 years ago

You may even want to try a bricks and mortar store. Headboards are easy to store and its something I often seem to see at clearance sales.

• User
    10 years ago

Just in case anyone else was having trouble viewing the photo.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

The online shop Wayfair his having a sale on upholstered headboards today and possibly for the rest of the week. I was just looking at them myself as DD would love one for her new apartment.
    Lynn