|Hi everyone- what is the overall feeling about decorating with greenery and honeysuckle/grapevine? I still like the look of it if not overused, but I wasn't sure if decorators are steering away from unsing it. Just as an example, I have it around my front door, and used to have it hanging over windows, alomost like where a valance would hang, etc. Any input is greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any pictures where you have used in your house. Thanks so much.|
|Personally I would not decorate like that. It can look cluttery. Fake greenery will look fake and can seem contrived. It collects dust. It's not for me and I have not seen any examples of it in homes where I have liked it being used around doors and windows.|
|I dont use them in my decorating. I do have a couple of silk flower arrangements though, dont know if they fall in the same category.|
|I like it if it's used in quantity. In other words, not just one or two strands, but 10=12" wide bunch, that way it appears more realistic. |
I used to have a vine garland above my bay window and everyone loved it, but I realized it looked a little chintzy after I studied the look at my favorite store that had it there.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here