Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

What is the BM paint color that is similar to F&B French Grey?

polly929
13 years ago

Is it Baby Turtle?

Choosing paint colors for the exterior. Planning on using Ben Moore paint. I used a lot of French Grey inside, and would like to carry it outside as well, but due to budget constraints we will use BM paint as opposed to Farrow and Ball.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (10)

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Per Color Charts it was Cheyenne Green 1502. I forget if that was the closest match to FG overall or if it was just the closest BM closest match. I'm pretty sure it was the closest match overall.

• polly929
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks ttodd, I had a feeling you would answer, I know you love your greens!

I didn't think it was baby turtle, but wasn't sure. I have no time to go through all the color swatches to find it.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

You're welcome! Luckily I had teh fore thought to write a bunch of BM colors on my F&B chart per Color Charts. Now if only I could find THAT particular F&B color chart now!

• sis2two
    13 years ago

I thought Nantucket gray is the match for the French grey. That's what I was told.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

It actually looks like now the closest BM color is Comox Sage VC 16.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Closest BM color to Comox Sage is Killarney CC 698 and then Tree Moss 0508.

If you're game for SW colors the closest color to FB French Gray is SW Svelte Sage 6164 at 92.7.

• amysrq
    13 years ago

OMG, they're back!!!

(I was getting the shakes...)

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Yes - I just got on last night!!!!!!!

• sewwhatsnew
    13 years ago

I really missed ColorCharts too, thanks for letting us know it's working again. Exciting news!!

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

FWIW, I have Cheyenne Green in my kitchen/family room. I haven't seen French Gray IRL so I can't say whether it's a good match or not. Sorry I don't have any good pics but here's one where you can see it on the right side wall.

I also have a color very similar to Tree Moss on the exterior of my house (we have prefinished cedar shingles but I had to find a color to match for touch ups, and Tree Moss was it) and it is also very similar to my kitchen color! (Which was not planned, but I guess we like similar colors!) Sorry I don't have exterior pics of the house.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH