Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RH Silver Sage...will it go with....

Posted by cavlover (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 12:39

Antique white trim? I love what I see of Silver Sage and want to repaint my small sewing/craft room. I want a soft soft blue green gray color....BUT not too gray or silver...which is too cool for me and I know it would not go well with my trim. BM Paladian blue is way too bright for me...just to give you an idea of the color I want. I don't want a bright aqua/turquoise but something like a diluted robin's egg...so I could then use darker accents with it in my fabric and accents.
Any input would be much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RH Silver Sage...will it go with....

Sure, it will look lovely.

o

I agree - that's a gorgeous paint shade!

o

Most of my home is this color. Here is a photo of my living room. The wall unit is an antique white. But my trim & mantle are crisp white. I like having more than one shade of white anyways...keeps it from being too matchy matchy. I think SS is a great color. It definitely looks more green in my house (lots of light) but my blue tone chairs look great with it. Hope that's helpful!
Photobucket

o

I recently had Silver Sage custom matched at our local paint store from a can of my mother-in-law's Silver Sage purchased at Restoration Hardware. I, too, was looking for a soft blue green gray color. The guy at the paint store told me that SS actually has no blue in it at all. So I had him cut out just a couple shots of green and replace it with a couple shots of blue and now the color is just what I had been looking for. So if you are looking for a blueish hue, you may want to add a shot or two of blue to the SS formula. Oh, and it goes great with my antique white trim. Hope that helps.

o

Yes! Check out Jeff and Audrey's apartment in Rules of Engagement. While the wall color may not be SS it is very close and they have a very off white trim. Looks great!

o

BTW....RH's Silver Sage is the same as Benjamin Moore's Gray Mist....exactly the same.

I like BM paint and used that instead of RH.

o

I think tinkersouthernbelle meant to say gray wisp. I had it color matched for my bedroom and it is gray wisp. It is a beautiful color and looks great with darker accents.

o

Thanks all! I ordered a sample can off of the RH site and will see how it looks to be sure. It says it has a velvet finish which sounds interesting too.
Tink...thanks for sharing that photo! Very pretty soothing room...loved it!
Brown eyed girl...would love to see a pic of your paint result. I'm a bit timid about changing the color...just not sure I'd get the same result.
Will post a pic of this room soon as I need a little help with where to stop the painting for the ceiling. It is a small room and the ceiling angles up 3/4 of the way...
Here is a link to the fabric color I'm looking at to use with the paint...so will see if it all coordinates.
Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Waverly fabric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here