Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kswl2

Silk Screened Plexiglass Book Triptych Arrived and on Office Wall

kswl2
11 years ago

So the plexiglass silkscreened book tryptych arrived and is up in my office. The room has a very odd shape, with one short diagonal wall (this house is full of diagonal walls, one of the things I like least about it) so I have taken several pictures to see the room context. So far, I like it!

This is what you see to the right just inside the door:

The short diagonal wall is full of framed watercolors from our travels, all framed similarly but not identically.

Closeup of panels:

Two travel posters above my desk:

The hallway leading to kitchen from this part of the house:

Back stairs to wine cellar, garage, another patio door

This is from the top of the stairs looking towards the office doorway. (The hall is very long and has these travel posters all along it and there is a needlepoint wool runner that is a patchwork pattern of bright colors from French Country Living, if anyone remembers that catalog)

Comments (7)

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Those are SO cool! You really do have a good eye. What a great optical illusion!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Looks great! What a cool idea. I like the bright wall color, too.

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

I like the single set of three. I would not do multiple sets, though.

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

It looks great, but I might like it better on the wall with the two pictures. It looks slightly squished from top to bottom where it is. (Not that that would stop me from using ot there.)

• kswl2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pal, I have definitely decided not to do multiple sets, on the principle of "too much of a good thing....." You were right about that!

Kitchen detective, we did hold it up on that wall but the two desks are identical and they each have two prints above them. I wanted to maintain that balance. (In our former house these two desks were pushed together in the middle of our library and were bought for that purpose, which is why we have identical desks in case you were wondering, lol.)

Thanks oakley and gscience---the more I live with them the more I like them. When you get up close you can see that the titles are children's books--- "Ponies," "Story Time," "Dogs and Cats," etc. Only a few of the books have titles, most do not. They're very appropriate for a former schoolroom, even though my son was in middle school at home----or really, in an airplane :-) I was thinking what a great jumping off point these would be for a kid's room even a nursery with a book theme. How fun would that be??

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

You were totally right. They look great. I can't imagine them looking that good anywhere else.

• kswl2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, mtn, I was taking a last look and think kitchen detective is right, I need to move them all up about an inch. Otherwise, I am really happy with the way they look.

There are several 6' windows with plantation shutters on the left side of the door walking in. The rug is normally in the hallway; I have pulled it into the room a bit so you can see more of it. I was considering putting it in the office between the two desks and chairs (parsons chairs with Ballard slipcovers in a sage green check, one taken out for the photos). But now I'm thinking it will look too busy. The floors here (wing added about 20 years ago) are heart pine, very yellow-y--not my favorite, but I don't dislke them enough to change them.

Even closer: