Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

OT: Shadow or no, a touch of spring

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

I am a huge fan of Terrain, which is a farm to table restuarant inside a garden and home center, all from the folks who tempt with all their offerings at Anthropologie.

I had lunch there yesterday and could not resist this bit of brightness:

I came home and put it under my Czech cloche.

It sits on top of a recycled Argentine glass tile.

Come on, spring! Anyone else have a bit of spring going on?

Comments (21)

• Oakley
    10 years ago

It's beautiful! Just make sure it gets plenty of indirect sunlight.

I don't really have Spring in me yet, but I'm doing a bit of redecorating. I do need to order a new floral wreath for the front door though. But with all this snow, and a week of snow storms coming up, I want to keep nesting. lol

• pugga
    10 years ago

Oh, thanks for sharing your bit of spring. Love the cloche and tile.

I just ran out to the grocery store and thought about buying some cut flowers but it's only 4 degrees here and I was worried they'd just freeze and die. Which would be sad and not spring-like.

• sameboat
    10 years ago

I have a tiny pot of daffodils on my bathroom windowsill. I wasn't sure they'd bloom because I don't have much sunlight, but apparently the warmth forced the bulbs up. I think I'll have a bloom within a day or two!

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Oh the cloche is a great idea and beautifully springy. I have not been able to have houseplants since being adopted by my cat. He chews on anything green, even a cactus. I'm on a mission this week (between snow storms) to see what I can put together. Thanks for the idea!

• luckygal
    10 years ago

I like the addition of the twigs and how you've put it under your cloche, Mtn. Nice idea for spring altho we're still in the deep throes of winter here so I'm still hibernating decor wise. In fact I still have some of my winter-oriented Christmas decor up.

Countryatheart, and anyone who has cats that eat such things, what I've done is to put plants in a large birdcage so the cats can't eat them.

• kswl2
    10 years ago

I just changed out the hooks in my closet for pretty green iron initial hooks from Terrain, so I can hang the handbags in current rotation out where it is easy to change them. I did a pre-spring cleaning of my closet and re-filed all my scarves by type and color in flat boxes.... Very inspired by this and looking forward to hanging spring and summer bags and wearing the lighter colored scarves.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Luckygal that is a great idea. Btw is it a coincidence that my cat is named Lucky?

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Love Terrain. We have one not far from here and a bigger "lifestyle" complex coming. Oh hurray, more ways to spend money.

Your arrangement is lovely and so nice to these winter weary eyes.

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

Now that most of the snow has melted I can see the little white blooms on the heather.

DD and I are planning a trip to Longwood Gardens soon to see the annual Orchid Extravaganza. She hasn't been to Terrain at Styer's so maybe we'll stop there on our way home since we drive right past it.

And a sure sign of spring is the PHS Flower Show which starts at the end of the month.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

No, but I have about 2" of daffodil greenery peeking up thru mulch today. Can't believe we were in the single digits last week, 50's the last 2 days, so I guess they thought Spring is coming. Went to check on the hellebores but they don't have blooms yet. I did buy a little vase today in anticipation of bouquets to come.

• teacats
    10 years ago

Gorgeous arrangement!! Love the cloche and the glass tile -- that was a great idea! :)

DH brought home a couple of small pots of deep yellow primroses from Aldi -- I really needed a dash of spring color here! :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Pretty!

Maire-cate thanks for reminding me about the orchid show...I haven't been in a few years and I so enjoy it...it always gives me a taste of spring just when I need it.

• theclose
    10 years ago

I treated myself to two large hydrangea blooms today. Beautiful!

• hhireno
    10 years ago

OT on the OT:
    I went to Longwood a few weeks ago for the end of the Xmas display. We stopped at Terrain but a hot tea to go was the same as the whole pot price of $4.50 so we passed. That's too steep for one cup of steeped tea. This was the conservatory display of apples.

• shanghaimom
    10 years ago

We are still SO far from spring here in Minnesota. )-:

I don't have anything special like the Terrain piece, (beautiful!) but I do buy tulips every week at the grocery store as soon as they're available.

This week's are my favorite-orange! Love hydrangeas, too, but they always shrivel up and wilt on me, despite following tips I've read online. Anyone have a foolproof method for survival?

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Love your bathroom, shanghaimom!

Speaking of orchids, I was walking in the living room just now and saw this, and I remembered Mtn.'s topic!

So I do have a bit of spring. Orchid is in a Mackenzie-Child's wine cooler.

Sorry for the blurred pic.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Oh what a lovely corner.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Ah, the sights of spring. I do love cloches and try to keep something omnipresent under cloches on the countertops, pretty food, pretty plants, small clocks.

• chispa
    10 years ago

shanghaimom, I have the same mirror in my foyer over a small Asian cabinet! The mirror came from Horchow and the cabinet bought when we lived in Tokyo. Makes me want to add wallpaper, but the rounded corners in this Spanish house complicate such things.

As far as Spring, I now live in So. CA ... we have "winter" conditions today, which means it is raining and only reached 58F ...

• tinam61
    10 years ago

I like about 2 weeks of winter - right around Christmas time. LOL

After the terrible weather in the South last week, yesterday had me longing for Spring - we had a high of 60. GORGEOUS day! Shame on you groundhog!!

I cut my huge furn in the sunroom back to the dirt. It had gotten a bit misshapen and I figured what could it hurt. If it killed it, I'd get a new one this spring. I saw yesterday that new pieces are coming out. I need to look at our daffodils, etc. haven't noticed any greenery yet.

tina

• User
    10 years ago

Shanghaimom - I think if you cut the hydrangeas on the diagonal and put them in very hot water right away, that works best. I think that was an Ina Garten tip. It always worked with my Annabelles.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!